Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:08 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,227,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's my thinking to that he may have issues with take charge women. I'm glad to hear some men would like it.
I don't think it's even a matter of the guy "not being able to handle it" or not liking assertive women or whatever. It's that it did not occur to THEM to make a move on the woman...so, guess there's nothing really there! It's just a guy thing not a macho thing, if that makes sense.

Of course women aren't used to being rejected so then she has to come up with some big "he must have a problem" otherwise he'd have jumped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 08:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,713,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not a stranger or quasi-stranger you're asking out, it's an old classmate. He'd probably love to see you to catch up on news, at the very least, and see if there's any potential there for more, at best. Go for it, Raena!

RAY-NA! RAY-NA! RAY-NA!
Thanks Ruth for the vote of confidence.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:14 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,163,519 times
I have 0 issues with women I barely know asking me out (which has happened). So, I would definitely have no issue if a woman I've known for a while asked me out.

As I've said before, if more women took the initiative & asked out guys, the world would be a better place....

Old 07-20-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't think it's even a matter of the guy "not being able to handle it" or not liking assertive women or whatever. It's that it did not occur to THEM to make a move on the woman...so, guess there's nothing really there! It's just a guy thing not a macho thing, if that makes sense.

Of course women aren't used to being rejected so then she has to come up with some big "he must have a problem" otherwise he'd have jumped.
You are right he never showed interest before but things do change as you age.
What you were interested in your teens, 20's is not always the same in your 30's.

Fyi-Men make many excuses to why women reject them.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I have 0 issues with women I barely know asking me out (which has happened). So, I would definitely have no issue if a woman I've known for a while asked me out.

As I've said before, if more women took the initiative & asked out guys, the world would be a better place....
Yeah in the past I went out with internet dates who were brand new to me. I know him which helps a lot.

I think there would be a lot less single men.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 PM

26,684 posts, read 41,565,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
This has always been my theory. If the guy didn't come up with the idea himself (and thus didn't come on to YOU) he's not going to be receptive. Guys take the initiative and if they don't they figure there's nothing there, else they'd have acted on it.
I wouldn't go by what I said too much. I'm extremely shy and have anxiety issues so it is rare that I'm bold enough to ask a girl out anyway. But probably more than half of men like being the hunter so they wouldn't be receptive to a girl offering herself as prey. Myself if a girl asks me out, I'll consider it but typically I reject them for reasons that have nothing to do with the fact they initiated.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 PM

To add to my last post, I think in some cases women don't like the idea of initiating things with guys because they're worried about rejection. However, as far as I'm concerned nothing ventured, nothing gained. Women need to just take the bull by the horns & go for it.

I wouldn't mind living in a world where women were the ones that were expected to initiate things with guys 100% of the time, not the other way around. I'm sure there would be a hell of a lot less problems between the sexes in a world like that...

Old 07-20-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
To add to my last post, I think in some cases women don't like the idea of initiating things with guys because they're worried about rejection. However, as far as I'm concerned nothing ventured, nothing gained. Women need to just take the bull by the horns & go for it.

I wouldn't mind living in a world where women were the ones that were expected to initiate things with guys 100% of the time, not the other way around. I'm sure there would be a hell of a lot less problems between the sexes in a world like that...
Less creepers and sexual harassment.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:46 PM

19,609 posts, read 20,074,287 times
I think if you already know the guy, then suggesting a casual hang out (to determine if there's mutual feelings) is fine.. ~ But generally not if you expect to be treated "like a date." You present an opportunity for him to then purse, or not.. But I'd say most men are dtf , so just keep that bit in mind if you want 'more' from the exchange.. (just my 2)

Old 07-20-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Less creepers and sexual harassment.
Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships