Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 05:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

Quit with the coping! He just may not be interested. Guys are allowed that much, I think. I know it's "man, bad", "woman, good" around here with these kinds of interactions, but that's a narrow stereotype that just has to stop.
He may be freaked out or not interested. It doesn't matter. Either way she has taken the issue into her own hands and is able to effectively figure out if that is a guy with whom she is compatible or not. In the case of either the freaked out guy or the not interested guy, neither are compatible with her, so she has just screened for that and can move on to guys with whom she is better suited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
You're over thinking it, You're either able to give the guy a boner or it's not going to happen.

Don't cope already. See above.

Right. I've had it said behind my back that I was gay or thereabouts because I'd just stop paying attention to some female coworkers. I guess if dating another gal at that point translates to such, so be it.

Coping.

Sure. Much like women claim that men are "intimidated" by them by a "great" career (even though they want a guy with a better career more often than not, so...), it's just a cope.

Honestly, I'd believe it. Maybe not when I was 19, but I bring a bunch to the table. My thought would be, "About time!"

Quit with the coping! He just may not be interested. Guys are allowed that much, I think. I know it's "man, bad", "woman, good" around here with these kinds of interactions, but that's a narrow stereotype that just has to stop.

See above copes. Then again, I've been approached by women who really should never have started. I would have tried to keep things as short as possible, I suppose.
Yeah it's as if women can do no wrong and men are always the bad guy. Men aren't allowed to have standards or they'll be chastised and shamed for it.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Alfred, how are you using the word "cope" here? Did the definition of the word cope change? What are "copes"?

I'm not sure what you are even saying about my post. I'm not saying a man is worthless if he rejects me. I'm saying he is being a bit dramatic and silly if he thinks I am "crazy" for asking him out because I am a woman. That's all it is.
The man can think what he wants if he doesn't like you take it in stride and move on. Some men like it, other men (like me) don't want to be asked out by a woman. If I like a woman I'll let her know.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Yeah it's as if women can do no wrong and men are always the bad guy. Men aren't allowed to have standards or they'll be chastised and shamed for it.
Not true. No one sex gets it worse than the other. You just see things through your own misogynistic, poor-men filter.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Not true. No one sex gets it worse than the other. You just see things through your own misogynistic, poor-men filter.
Misogynistic? Don't ever call me that I never said I hated women and I don't. See, there you go assuming I'm the bad guy because I defend myself around here.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Misogynistic? Don't ever call me that I never said I hated women and I don't. See, there you go assuming I'm the bad guy because I defend myself around here.
You don't say you hate women directly. You say it in many other ways. Does your gf every read your posts here? If so, what does she think?

Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You don't say you hate women directly. You say it in many other ways. Does your gf every read your posts here? If so, what does she think?
I show her everything I type and she knows I'm not a woman hater. You're assuming I hate women because I don't kiss their a** and tell them their right always. But think what you want about me; I won't lose sleep over it.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:29 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
The man can think what he wants if he doesn't like you take it in stride and move on. Some men like it, other men (like me) don't want to be asked out by a woman. If I like a woman I'll let her know.

Yeah we know. You say it ALOT.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:44 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He would smile a lot and question why I was missing from class.

He's in his 30's like me and I question why a hot guy like him is single? Lol
I hate when people say that. You are in ur 30's and single. What's wrong with you?

If getting a relationship was as easy as snapping ur fingers, there would be no single people.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Fingers crossed for you, Raena77!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships