Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's all that dude does is make rude comments. Just about every post has a somewhat veiled jab buried in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He is like others here who try to disguise themselves as posters who are giving "tough love" but all they really want to do is attack vulnerable people.
Thanks guys point taken. Grain of salt with this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 07:55 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Agreed.

I don't completely disagree with JAG's opinion, but I don't think it's entirely accurate by any means.
I am always willing to be proven wrong. That would be pretty simple also. Let's have all the guys who struggle with dating and relationships talk about how their great dads were involved in their lives.

They can talk about the guidance they gave them in terms of being good role models and providing input as they were growing up in terms of girls and relationships. Also, they can explain how their dads currently feel about their dating/relationship struggles and what feedback they currently give about their situations.

Hopefully, some of you guys will step forward and prove me wrong. I'm waiting.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
In fact, the last one was very charming and also attractive to women, always had someone admiring him, messaging him from POF, and that actually made me kind of uncomfortable. That's another topic though.
Why would you be uncomfortable around a friend that is successful in his dating efforts with women?

Old 07-24-2016, 08:11 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I am always willing to be proven wrong. That would be pretty simple also. Let's have all the guys who struggle with dating and relationships talk about how their great dads were involved in their lives.

They can talk about the guidance they gave them in terms of being good role models and providing input as they were growing up in terms of girls and relationships. Also, they can explain how their dads currently feel about their dating/relationship struggles and what feedback they currently give about their situations.

You're forgetting the fact that a lot of people don't talk to their parents about their dating lives (whether good or bad).

Also, someone could have a distant or absent father, and do well in dating. And someone could have a father that was a good role model like you said, but still struggle or have bad luck in dating. I just don't think it has much to do with anything.

And just because someone isn't doing well with dating, doesn't mean they're lacking in any other aspect of their life.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:

Well I know I can't prove you wrong, I don't go out with miserable negative people, so I don't know why they act that way. I do get feedback and waaaaay too much interest from my mother though, she'll occasionally ask: "It didn't work out, why? Did he send you a picture of his wiener right away? Do you keep those?"

(I think she'd like to see, she just doesn't want to ask.)

We are all products of our upbringings in some way, and yet once one reaches adulthood they should be able to begin learning from experiences, no? Most of us. My sister still feels sorry for herself that our father left, she relives it I believe she can picture his suitcase and the weather. I don't relive it, ever, and I like a guy for what I experience myself.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
You're forgetting the fact that a lot of people don't talk to their parents about their dating lives (whether good or bad).

Also, someone could have a distant or absent father, and do well in dating. And someone could have a father that was a good role model like you said, but still struggle or have bad luck in dating. I just don't think it has much to do with anything.

And just because someone isn't doing well with dating, doesn't mean they're lacking in any other aspect of their life.
I'm waiting to hear from the guys who struggle with dating about how their dads were involved with them growing up.

If there is a problem with modern guys and dating, it's not Western women, or technology, or any of the other things those guys rail on about... it's the fact that so many guys are raised by single moms with no decent male role models. They should be complaining about having no role models for what relationships are supposed to be like because they had moms that made bad choices in men. If they want to complain, their parents are the more realistic culprits.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Why would you be uncomfortable around a friend that is successful in his dating efforts with women?
Grrrr I said it was another topic, but I'll answer if I can properly articulate the feeling.

When you agree to go out with someone who is attractive in a Popular, Mainstream way, you are not the only one who thinks they are attractive. They have a lot of experience being attractive to the opposite sex, and so they know women are flattered by their attention. When you leave the room or establishment and walk back in and they inevitably have someone rightthere talking and giggling with them while you are away, it starts to get old. Even if you are confident and they have proven that they are interested in you, the fact that they kind of give you the impression that it is their job to make all women feel good, makes you feel not so important. I wanted to be the one who makes him not notice the other women, but that wasn't the case. Oh well.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Grrrr I said it was another topic, but I'll answer if I can properly articulate the feeling.

When you agree to go out with someone who is attractive in a Popular, Mainstream way, you are not the only one who thinks they are attractive. They have a lot of experience being attractive to the opposite sex, and so they know women are flattered by their attention. When you leave the room or establishment and walk back in and they inevitably have someone rightthere talking and giggling with them while you are away, it starts to get old. Even if you are confident and they have proven that they are interested in you, the fact that they kind of give you the impression that it is their job to make all women feel good, makes you feel not so important. I wanted to be the one who makes him not notice the other women, but that wasn't the case. Oh well.
This mostly proves my point about absent dads on a couple of different levels.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
This mostly proves my point about absent dads on a couple of different levels.
hahahaha shush you! Women loved him, he was successful and confident.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
hahahaha shush you! Women loved him, he was successful and confident.
But he made you uncomfortable with his need for attention from other women. This is the other end of the spectrum with guys who don't have decent male role models. And the women who are attracted to these guys were usually also missing healthy male role models.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships