Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 11:03 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I'm thinking Just a Guy has some kind of mommy issues where he was "just a guy"...no one important. His father did give him support but he was sleeping in the basement and peeing in a bottle because that's dirty. Are you single because you're still waiting for the babysitter to come back? That is inappropriate. Go ahead, prove me wrong, I'm open to it...
Or maybe you are a single mom who makes bad choices in men and whose kids have no decent father in ther lives and are over-reacting to my posts about unavailable fathers because it hits so close to what has happened to your kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister68 View Post
I will say that JAG certainly makes a great point about absentee fathers, my father was not there to coach me about women, let alone basic life teachings. His relationships with women are/were horrible - an abusive, womanizing user his whole life. In that regard, thank goodness, he did NOT teach me anything! I was basically raised by women as a youth, my Mom, grandmother, and aunt, with no real male models/mentors. I know that this is important in shaping a boys' life into manhood. Needless to say, I have trust issues with most men I come in contact with, but absolutely LOVE the company of women as a whole. Back to the original topic, if a woman ever came up, flirted with me, or dare I say, ask me out, I wouldn't know how to react to that. That would NEVER happen to me anyway, so I really don't have to worry about it. Just in case, I do carry my eye doctor's card with me, so they can schedule an appointment, LOL!
Have you ever thought about befriending some guys who have good relationship histories and learning from them?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:15 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Or maybe you are a single mom who makes bad choices in men and whose kids have no decent father in ther lives and are over reacting to my posts about unavailable fathers because it hits so close to what has happened to your kids?
Nope. One "kid". Go cart track, woods and acres. Disneyland, summer cabin. Made a path in the snow on the lake where we had our home, paper bags and tea light candles for skating at night. Bunnies, parakeets, lizards, cats and dogs. Lily garden, pumpkins, art. Cross country skiing, snow men and super sized lighted snowflake decorations at Christmas. Scholarships, college dorms, nice guy for a first boyfriend.

What else you got for a lady who said there's no problem for you to analyze? An example of where you were EVER open to being proven wrong?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:23 PM

477 posts, read 314,619 times
Quote:
Or maybe you are a single mom who makes bad choices in men and whose kids have no decent father in ther lives and are over-reacting to my posts about unavailable fathers because it hits so close to what has happened to your kids?
Can't you see ^^ that crap is frickin rude, guy?!! Seriously, how can someone who claims to have been raised by such a great father, act the way that you do anonymously over the internet? Are these posts, filled with insinuating comments about people's fathers and relationship choices, an example of the character that a great father has molded? The way you post isn't exactly making a compelling argument for this.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Can't you see ^^ that crap is frickin rude, guy?!! Seriously, how can someone who claims have been raised by such a great father, act the way that you do anonymously over the internet? Are these posts, filled with insinuating comments about people's fathers and relationship choices, an example of the character that a great father has molded? The way you post isn't exactly making a compelling argument for this.
Just asking a question regarding a common occurrence for guys who suck at dating and then blame women and the world? Are you one of those guys who had a bad father and the overreacts when someone asks you about it?

Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Can't you see ^^ that crap is frickin rude, guy?!! Seriously, how can someone who claims have been raised by such a great father, act the way that you do anonymously over the internet? Are these posts, filled with insinuating comments about people's fathers and relationship choices, an example of the character that a great father has molded? The way you post isn't exactly making a compelling argument for this.
Thanks for your support! Nice to know there are decent people in the world. The fact that he isn't even close to the truth though, is enough for me. I don't pick the wrong guys for my 'children'-- I was married for 22 years, then skipped the dating thing until she moved out at 21. I really don't understand why this guy has such a hard on for me, if I were stupid and wrong, making no redeeming points-- it seems like he could've gotten over it by now.

Last edited by RbccL; 07-24-2016 at 11:40 PM..

Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Can't you see ^^ that crap is frickin rude, guy?!! Seriously, how can someone who claims to have been raised by such a great father, act the way that you do anonymously over the internet? Are these posts, filled with insinuating comments about people's fathers and relationship choices, an example of the character that a great father has molded? The way you post isn't exactly making a compelling argument for this.
Exactly.

I'm wondering just how "great" this dude's father really was.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 PM

477 posts, read 314,619 times
Quote:
Just asking a question regarding a common occurrence for guys who suck at dating and then blame women and the world? Are you one of those guys who had a bad father and the overreacts when someone asks you about it?
No, I'm one of those ladies who HAS a great father and mother. I was blessed to be raised in a two-parent household. That's the kind of house my husband and I have, and we plan to pass our values on to our children as well.

My point is you are not acting like the kind of person, by the things you are posting here, who was raised by a father who taught them to be of good character. You and you alone, by acting the way that you do, are a poor representaion of how well your father actually raised you. The good news is, you can actually change that. Stop insinuating things about people's personal situations to the degree that you have. Be a better representation of the way you say that you have been raised. Certainly this is something that your father would want. Or you can keep on arguing and being bullheaded, the choice is yours.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly.

I'm wondering just how "great" this dude's father really was.
You can decide for yourself. Go back through my post history and see if the advice I give on how to have healthy relationships makes sense or if it sounds like the ramblings of someone who had no guidance or role model on how to have healthy relationships. That will give you your answer.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
No, I'm one of those ladies who HAS a great father and mother. I was blessed to be raised in a two-parent household. That's the kind of house my husband and I have, and we plan to this pass on to our own children as well.

My point is you are not acting like the kind of person, by the things you are posting here, who was raised by a father who taught to be of good character. You and you alone, by acting the way that you do, are a poor representaion of how well your father actually raised you. The good news is, you can actually change that. Stop insinuating things about people's personal situations to the degree that you have. Be a better representation of the way you have say you have been raised. Certainly this is something that your father would want. Or you can keep on arguing and being bullheaded, the choice is yours.
Or I can continue to call out people who blame the opposite sex for their relationship woes. I choose that path, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships