Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshy View Post
Went and had a visit. Wife and BIL were not together (not even in same town) when I got to town. Nothing was really confirmed. I did not see the BIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What so nothing happened?
Quote:
Absolutely nothing. Obviously some discussion but nothing else. Boring isn't it.

You were on to her so they didn't meet up is my guess.

Quote:
Only time will tell.
I think this is true BUT.... Be a man an confront them both together in front of her sister.

Yeah... Let's get this fire started!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:25 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
My worry is, she doesn't really have an incentive to stop what she is doing. If she was really considering her marriage before, she would not have let the texting get as far as it did.

For you to tell her to stop and her not appearing to understand how big of an issue it is for your relationship only tells me that she is going to find another avenue to satisfy her need for this kind of attention.

There is a bigger issue in play than just her sexting with your BIL.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:52 AM

32 posts, read 20,311 times
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. All I can say is that I have asked my wife to stop the private messages. She has said she will. I have not asked, looked at or mentioned the issue to her since our last visit back home.

If trust cannot be restored then why am I here? Why did I marry her? If she chooses to continue then I will need to determine what I want to do. She would have chosen something other then "us". I will do what needs to be done if she continues. As for now.... I have chosen "us".

Old 08-03-2016, 08:10 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. All I can say is that I have asked my wife to stop the private messages. She has said she will. I have not asked, looked at or mentioned the issue to her since our last visit back home.

If trust cannot be restored then why am I here? Why did I marry her? If she chooses to continue then I will need to determine what I want to do. She would have chosen something other then "us". I will do what needs to be done if she continues. As for now.... I have chosen "us".
So do you sporadically look at her phone? Don't you feel weird every time it beeps? I would ...

Old 08-03-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So do you sporadically look at her phone? Don't you feel weird every time it beeps? I would ...
Nope. Can't live that way.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:22 AM

997 posts, read 936,291 times
I completely believe in trust, and that means not looking at your wife's phone or wondering about who is texting.

However I believe the story about innocently checking about a Dr.s appt and running into the texts. If that were me I would scroll down to make sure I wasn't jumping to conclusions based on one text message.

It's bad news all around. She may not be literally fooling around with him but she was sextually doing so. Texting would be ok but not sexting. That is very disappointing.

The OP has decided to try to put it behind him and that is a good decision. There is always going to be problems in a marriage of some kind and people make mistakes or do stupid things. When you have kids then you work through them whenever possible. Where there is love, there is hope. If there is no love between the couple then there really is no point. That would be the thing to consider.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I completely believe in trust, and that means not looking at your wife's phone or wondering about who is texting.

However I believe the story about innocently checking about a Dr.s appt and running into the texts. If that were me I would scroll down to make sure I wasn't jumping to conclusions based on one text message.

It's bad news all around. She may not be literally fooling around with him but she was sextually doing so. Texting would be ok but not sexting. That is very disappointing.

The OP has decided to try to put it behind him and that is a good decision. There is always going to be problems in a marriage of some kind and people make mistakes or do stupid things. When you have kids then you work through them whenever possible. Where there is love, there is hope. If there is no love between the couple then there really is no point. That would be the thing to consider.
It is my only choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships