Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 06:48 PM

728 posts, read 470,770 times

Advertisements

It's nice not to be the only guy whose dating history could fit on a post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 PM

818 posts, read 915,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
. I really have no interest in being her boyfriend any time soon. She has 3 teenage children and im just not wanting to be involved with anyones kids right now.
Dude, you are 37 years old, Sorry to say, but you don't have any time to waste. Go for it NOW .
cute recently divorced women get hit on a LOT . Just tell her she seems like someone worth getting to know better. Let it go from there.
The women I have dated with teens don't want to settle down again until the kids are out of the house.
Good luck

Old 07-25-2016, 10:04 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,690,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
So I feel like a complete dork for asking on here but. So im 37 single all my life, never really dated. Their is this new girl at work, she is security officer and I do IT stuff. We don't get to talk often but once in awhile. mostly when she needs something or I need to let her know whats going on. She is friendly and cute. I thought she was married so I kept my distance, today she told me she was recently divorced. Id like to be friends with her though. being very shy to ask some one to be friends seems akward to me. Im not even sure if she wants to be friends or just friendly at work kind of thing. she isn't super outgoing herself but is easy to talk too. Can the city data people help a guy out here? I don't want to scare her off and then feel like an idiot.
you can't ask out people from work, because the odds are she's either going to say no or its not going to work out and then you put yourself in a position to have to deal with extra nonsense at your job.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:05 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,167,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
If you're going to do it do it outside of the workplace.

If you know you won't be able to keep it away from your place of employment, do not even consider it an option anymore.

You're their to function as an employee, not meet new romances and carry on with your fanciful dreams.

Ask her to hang out and go from their.

As an employer myself I honestly do not care about people in my workforce sharing relationships with one another, but I DO care that it carries on inside the workplace. its not the place for it, and it puts other employees in places that make working uncomfortable.
Agreed. I have seen co-workers who date each other neglect their respective jobs because they're paying too much attention to each other; this has sometimes affected me in a negative way since I have to cover for them, which increases my workload. A-holes.

I.e., if you're going to sleep with your co-worker - don't bring it into the workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships