Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:32 PM

511 posts, read 402,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
That's pretty drastic. Why, in your opinion, would that happen?
Because I'm repulsive... and something else I'm apparently not allowed to talk about in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 04:42 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Fair enough.

And I imagine were not looking for the same dating experience.

I treat OLD like I'm at a bar. When I approach a women, I'm not yet interested in her likes and dislikes. Just trying to get my foot in the door.
Possibly that's why I don't do so well in the getting dates department. In an actual relationship, I'm not all that bad. Of course that's where real life issues hit the pavement and someone's character is important. It's getting a woman's attention that seems to be the issue.

I can't find a way to be superficial enough. JK

Need more flash and bang... Get their attention. Dangle something expensive and flashy in front of them or something.. JK again

Old 08-04-2016, 04:53 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Because I'm repulsive... and something else I'm apparently not allowed to talk about in here.
No LOL of course you are allowed to chat about it mate

But she, myself and others have A LOT of trouble in believing that fella as you are quite decent in our opinion

I can promise im not being patronising at all and genuinely hope you can take some solace from this and have a better, more confident outlook about yourself........ Because if you wont who will?

Old 08-04-2016, 05:10 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No LOL of course you are allowed to chat about it mate

But she, myself and others have A LOT of trouble in believing that fella as you are quite decent in our opinion

I can promise im not being patronising at all and genuinely hope you can take some solace from this and have a better, more confident outlook about yourself........ Because if you wont who will?
Yep! Not just trying to make you feel better, because I'm really not all that nice
Even the inappropriate amount of low self esteem you seem to be exhibiting here, isn't enough to cancel out your picture and put you in the "ish" pile, so there's gotta be something else going on.

Maybe a trip to London as an investment, with some time as Cowboy's wingman would help? I think if you saw how a little charm and confidence goes a long way, you may have a new outlook

Old 08-04-2016, 05:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Yep! Not just trying to make you feel better, because I'm really not all that nice
Even the inappropriate amount of low self esteem you seem to be exhibiting here, isn't enough to cancel out your picture and put you in the "ish" pile, so there's gotta be something else going on.

Maybe a trip to London as an investment, with some time as Cowboy's wingman would help? I think if you saw how a little charm and confidence goes a long way, you may have a new outlook
And all for the price of a pint!!!..... My " tuition " ...... ( or lack there of! ) LOL

Old 08-05-2016, 03:53 AM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:

Who said I wasn't confident? Or that I had no charm? I'm good with myself. I like who I am.

Doesn't make the women around me agree. They think I'm utter passable trash. What can I do about that? Nothing so far as I can see... Swipe thousands on Tinder, match none. Zero. Scince says I'm repulsive. Fact is fact, kids.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:49 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Who said I wasn't confident? Or that I had no charm? I'm good with myself. I like who I am. .
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Have a good weekend

Old 08-05-2016, 06:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
This makes me fearful to move to another city, honestly, if this is how it is. I turned on my profile for about 36 hrs, received 3 messages, wrote on person. Meeting the person I wrote Monday and moved to texting with one. The other two were fine, just dont' have the time right now.

I'm considering moving to a satellite city as I'm conducting a condo hunt and threads like this make me really hesitant! Maybe Boston is just great for OLD.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
And all for the price of a pint!!!..... My " tuition " ...... ( or lack there of! ) LOL
Planning a trip to London. I'll bring the git-fiddle. We'll hit up some local open mic night, we'll serenade the ladies, and drink much more than a pint.

I can pick up crazybacatlady and get Mr. Polymath on the keys! We can all get laid and live happily ever after

Old 08-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This makes me fearful to move to another city, honestly, if this is how it is. I turned on my profile for about 36 hrs, received 3 messages, wrote on person. Meeting the person I wrote Monday and moved to texting with one. The other two were fine, just dont' have the time right now.

I'm considering moving to a satellite city as I'm conducting a condo hunt and threads like this make me really hesitant! Maybe Boston is just great for OLD.
I think just about any rural area will be a disaster. I speak from experience .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships