Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:53 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,662,335 times

Advertisements

OP, where have you traveled? You say you have...but what does that mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:14 AM

733 posts, read 601,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
It'd be a bit of a red flag. I have a relative who started off just refusing to fly, and now barely leaves the house. I don't necessarily need to jet off overseas on a regular basis, but I do need a partner who isn't afraid of or dismissive about the world beyond their comfort zone.
I've lived abroad and I'm bilingual. I embrace the world, I just hate getting stuck in the airplane.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:46 AM

733 posts, read 601,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
But you only have to take it before doing something that could bring on the panic attack...so not all the time.

Anyway, - nope - has to be able to fly. Has nothing to do with going "overseas". I'm not gonna take a week to go across the country by car or train. And who's going to drive to Riviera Maya or South America?
Amtrak isn't as bad as it seems to be. It takes less than 30 hours to get from Los Angeles to San Antonio by train. If you were rich enough, you could travel like John Madden. Flying isn't the only way to get around.

This is not the drug forum, I guess most people are not that familiar with benzos. I need to take 0.5mg xaxax for a domestic flight and a little bit more for a long-haul flight to avoid full-blown panic attacks. Occasional use of benzos won't lead to addiction, but more frequent use is dangerous.

I do fly when I absolutely need to. Taking off is the most terrifying part, and therefore I avoid extra stops. By the way, I'm a pretty good driver. I can't drive 10 hours a day, but I can still handle road trip if my partner drives too.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,274,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Dating is one thing…but if it gets serious it could be disappointing. I like to learn about other cultures and sometimes traveling there is the best way to do it. I haven't been out of the country in awhile but we have done other things. We lived and traveled the US for 3 1/2 years in our motorhome. That was a fun experience. We are thinking of hitting the road again…once a gypsy always a gypsy

As for flying…well I am planning on buying my husband lessons so he can get his pilot's license for his next birthday. I think he would love that

You could always be like Mr. T(yup…showing my age, lol) and get knocked out. Are there any places that you want to see that you would need to fly? I'm sure there are ways to calm you without making you addicted if that is the case.
So many bonus points for an awesome A Team reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships