Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:49 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

He's doing exactly what some guys accuse women of: "Just because we had sex, she acts like I promised her something!" He seems to feel that sex should mean something, but he's the one who wanted to play it cool from the beginning, so stay cool. For all practical purposes, you two are still getting to know each other, like you said before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Sounds like a love struck guy.

Beware he sounds like he could develop into one of those obsessively creepy guys you read about in the media a lot, and not in good circumstances.

You play with fire...

Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sounds like a love struck guy.

Beware he sounds like he could develop into one of those obsessively creepy guys you read about in the media a lot, and not in good circumstances.

You play with fire...
This is an important point. Calling you beautiful daily and worshipping the ground you walk on before he even knows you, hardly? Normally, we here on CD-R would say that violates the "too much too soon" rule; guys like that usually are trying to get something out of you (sex, surprise, surprise), like an early commitment, marriage if you have money and he doesn't, that sort of thing. It's hard to tell in your case whether he's a total manipulator, or just needy. But the super-needy guys can turn into stalkers, so be careful.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:51 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I feel like he was maybe trying to use reverse psychology when he said he doesn't do labels.

Instead freaking out and begging him for one - especially once you two had sex - you continued to be totally fine with it, which has now freaked him out because ZOMG, playing games didn't work??? Whaaaaat? Negging was TOTALLY supposed to work.

He sounds kind desperate for a relationship, TBH. How do you feel about him?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I feel like he was maybe trying to use reverse psychology when he said he doesn't do labels.

Instead freaking out and begging him for one - especially once you two had sex - you continued to be totally fine with it, which has now freaked him out because ZOMG, playing games didn't work??? Whaaaaat? Negging was TOTALLY supposed to work.

I agree that he sounds immature. Either way, whichever scenario you choose, there's a manipulative element in it. Is this something you even want to continue, OP?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:43 PM

110 posts, read 75,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is an important point. Calling you beautiful daily and worshipping the ground you walk on before he even knows you, hardly? Normally, we here on CD-R would say that violates the "too much too soon" rule; guys like that usually are trying to get something out of you (sex, surprise, surprise), like an early commitment, marriage if you have money and he doesn't, that sort of thing. It's hard to tell in your case whether he's a total manipulator, or just needy. But the super-needy guys can turn into stalkers, so be careful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Ruth4Truth and JerZ idk if you remember a few months back i posted about the barista guy. but the guy I'm talking about is him. obviously i want this to work cause I've waited on him for so long and i finally got him and i think he feels the same. and that is why it feels like we are moving a little faster than most "relationships"

i never thought about the whole reverse psych. thing. now that i think about it i feel like he could be doing that on me and now he is really like "oh **** wtf did i do?" and now he's sort of freaking out like what if i don't want him as my bf and just want to hook up.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
Ruth4Truth and JerZ idk if you remember a few months back i posted about the barista guy. but the guy I'm talking about is him. obviously i want this to work cause I've waited on him for so long and i finally got him and i think he feels the same. and that is why it feels like we are moving a little faster than most "relationships"

i never thought about the whole reverse psych. thing. now that i think about it i feel like he could be doing that on me and now he is really like "oh **** wtf did i do?" and now he's sort of freaking out like what if i don't want him as my bf and just want to hook up.
What do YOU want?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
I think it sounds like he wants you to "take the wheel".

I've never been good at that. Maybe it's my ADD but if a guy won't "man up" I get bored quickly...

Old 07-26-2016, 10:47 PM

110 posts, read 75,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
What do YOU want?
i want us to work out. i want him to tell me he want to be my bf instead of playing all these games trying to get a reaction out of me.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:49 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
i want us to work out. i want him to tell me he want to be my bf instead of playing all these games trying to get a reaction out of me.
What if you take a risk and just tell him that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships