Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maia_voss View Post
Update: i have realized that he still think that he is out of my league and he is not compatible to me. i have reassured him many times that he is NOT out of my league and that i enjoy being around him. he tells me he is always nervous around me and that he doesn't know how to be perfect for me and that he is working on being more comfortable around me. and i can see that he is more comfortable around me and he not as stiff as before.

and is it normal for a hook up to end with him cooking you breakfast for lunch?
Normal? Some people cook if you stay the night...I don't know...I wouldn't say it's either normal or abnormal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 07:19 PM

110 posts, read 75,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, at least we know he isn't playing games, he's just insecure. It's up to you to decide if you can tolerate that insecurity. Breakfast or brunch after overnight sex is normal. How else are you going to eat? lol
i didn't stay overnight. i went late morning.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:24 PM

110 posts, read 75,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why are you asking this ^^ kind of stuff?

Your posts about this just sound like humblebrags that aren't even that humble.

Honestly, his insecurity, real or pretend, would be a HUGE turnoff for me. I probably wouldn't have stayed till lunch.
i am not trying to brag about it. i just genuinely don't know if it is normal since it is the first time i hooked up with someone. even past boyfriends of mine wouldn't cook me breakfast, lunch, or dinner even if i told them i was really hungry. plus i didn't ask this guy to cook for me or anything he just went to the kitchen to cook me something while i was watching tv.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
i am not trying to brag about it. i just genuinely don't know if it is normal since it is the first time i hooked up with someone. even past boyfriends of mine wouldn't cook me breakfast, lunch, or dinner even if i told them i was really hungry. plus i didn't ask this guy to cook for me or anything he just went to the kitchen to cook me something while i was watching tv.
Probably because he's insecure. Apparently he thinks you're out of his league, so he's going the extra mile to keep you flattered and impressed. Some are like that. When they get someone they're super attracted to, whom they thought they'd never get, they will do whatever they can to keep them pleased, so they can hang on to them.

If you like it, just enjoy. Hopefully, his insecurity may not manifest in him being overly clingy and policing you about who you're with, talking to on FB, or searching your phone.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Just seems like you're trying to find a problem where there isn't one.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Congrats, OP! You found a nice, decent guy who cares about you! Your bad-choice streak is over, it sounds like. Let's just hope he gains some confidence over time.

So, what are Mr. Barrista's ambitions, if any? Plans for education/job advancement? And yours? Or are you guys not worrying about that, and just taking one day at a time, enjoying each other, for now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships