Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:09 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's true, but I do think that some women might be wary of a man from a culture that doesn't have the most progressive attitude toward women.

That said, people are generally pretty patient with someone whose language fluency isn't the greatest, but if there are a lot of difficulties communicating and understanding each other, that might not be a problem that can be overcome.
I hope the OP isn't expecting an instant circle of friends. His English will probably improve within a few months. But you're right about the first point--I forgot. OP, you'll face obstacles with women due to perceptions about the culture and fears about how the women might be treated over time, or if they went back to your country with you. Sorry, but this is the truth. And it's not only Arabic culture (though there may be differences from one country to the next, I don't know, nor does the average American); I suspect this is one reason why so many computer programmers from India in the San Francisco Bay Area have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 02:33 PM

95 posts, read 82,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Somebody said if he is just a random Asian guy, he might have issues (indicating that Asians are less popular than hot frenchmen).

I said, Arab falls more into the Asian guy group because Arabs are not very popular amongst American women as far as I know. I didn't mean that Arabs are all demographically Asians.
Who told you this ??? This is not true because the comparison is unfair

Ask yourself how many of Asian Viamrica compared to Arabs in the United States ??

There are no comparison, of course, the number of Asian much more than the Arabs

More Arab students and a few refugees

Yet there are thousands of american girls are married to Arab

Number plays a big role

Asian accept any girl, even if she *****

I think this point you should not forget it's a fact

Go to Japan and see how they live to have no social life, unlike the Arabs

I think so because you have the wrong concept about the Arabs thou confuse the case with the state and an Arab one among all Arab countries

Old 07-29-2016, 02:36 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasserbbk View Post

Ask yourself how many of Asian Viamrica compared to Arabs in the United States ??

There are no comparison, of course, the number of Asian much more than the Arabs

Number plays a big role

I think so because you have the wrong concept about the Arabs thou confuse the case with the state and an Arab one among all Arab countries
okay then. I stand corrected. Arabs are super popular worldwide. Sorry, I got it all wrong.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:55 PM

1,333 posts, read 882,565 times
Quote:
How can I held a relationship here in California?

I have a problem with the language, but I'm trying to learn quickly

Do people here accept that they have a relationship with someone not fluent in English?

I watched some videos and some movies how people make fun of some people who are not fluent in English here

I know that many here are attracted to features such as owning a super cars or wear brands

* But I am not looking for this type of relationship, because it is a relationship between the two is false

look for a real relationship of friendship

thank you
I've been reading some of the posts here wondering if people are joking just to scare you or what their problem is...

Yes, you will be able to find people who will want a relationship with you. There's plenty of people out there who love talking to foreigners. If you are actively trying to learn and make improvements and such, nobody will fault you for not having great English yet.
I've had friends from Iraq, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Indonesia, Germany, etc. Not all of them could speak English well and in some cases barely any at all; but they are all generally accepted. Nobody made fun of them. Most of them have had several girlfriends or boyfriends too.

Not everywhere will be the same, but I can guarantee you that if you are a decent person who is reasonably outgoing, you should have no troubles.
I'd be more worried about learning the language so that you could find good jobs.

You'll be fine!

Old 07-29-2016, 03:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:

Number plays a big role

Yes I understand and can appreciate your concerns

What's your social life like? .... Or more importantly what do you do NOW in terms of looking for women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships