Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 11:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
True dat.

Batman has turned into an angst ridden whiny teen. He needs to get some Prozac and get on with his bad self.

Hope he's working out, because that suit gives him a lot to live up to.
Wouldn't it be awesome if Batman himself would come here and post? "Dude, you think you have it bad? I have to save the damned city if I want to get laid."

Then Spiderman would chime in: "Me too, but the silver lining is, they're all high school girls."

Last edited by JerZ; 08-02-2016 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 11:28 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Bottom line I like myself and I don;t want to have to re-enter the rat race to attract a woman, I just want to meet a woman who enjoys hanging out, spending time together and has the ability to be faithful and I offer the same in return.

So I am faced with 2 choices either rejoin the rat race and be miserable for 8+ hours a day or keep the other aspects of my life that I enjoy and die alone.

neither is a good choice, the loneliness is killing me. sometime I feel this world is not for me and has been trying to spit me out for years now. I hate the feeling there is nothing for me here.

I'm sick of having to compete with guys who are willing to give themselves ulcers to chase dollars to attract these women.

for all my weirdness I am kind, faithful, funny and smart. I hear these things from people who have nothing to gain from telling me these things, but the very people who I wish would recognize these qualities either ignore them or simply don't care.

great relationships have ended for superficial reasons.

An ex who dumped me years ago who left me for another E-mailed me saying "sorry you are feeling bad and if it means anything I actually liked you more) guess she was talking about her current husband. seems she has been facebook stalking me all these years.

I'm not a loser and I am tired of being viewed as one.
Hey man, keep your chin up.

Dating is TOUGH. Rat race or not rat race. You get rejected for the smallest reasons or no reasons at all. We have threads here where people get rejected for sending a cat picture with a mouse or bird or whatever in her mouth. An innocent hairball in the shower can even be a dealbreaker, go figure.

I have been rejected by below average looking guys with disabled children and average income. It just happens. It happens to the hottest, coolest, and richest.

Just hang in there, don't give up and don't let negativity poison your mind. Join some groups like meetup.com and hang out with others, mingle. If you don't find a woman, you might find new friends. Do it.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:37 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wouldn't it be awesome if Batman himself would come here and post? "Dude, you think you have it bad? I have to save the damned city if I want to get laid."

Then Spiderman would chime in: "Me too, but the silver lining is, they're all high school girls."

Batman: Almost all the women I like turn out crazy and literally try to kill me. Where are all the nice women? I'm rich, have an awesome car and have you seen my codpiece? Nuff said. Women suck.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2016, 11:46 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's a false choice. Instead, you could do something you enjoy doing, and balance that with the other aspects of your life you enjoy.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:10 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,188 times
Quote:
That's a false choice. Instead, you could do something you enjoy doing, and balance that with the other aspects of your life you enjoy.
That's exactly what I have been doing.
Once I paid off my house I went to eliminating everything that caused me stress. I also went about recreating the best aspects of the parts of my life I enjoyed in the past.

I have been slowly decorating my house to look like the pad I envisioned growing up. My office/studio/workshop looks like a cross between a SETI monitoring station, the interior of the nebaconezer and Quin Mallory's basement lab(even painted the walls gun-metal grey). And my living room has that industrial NewYork loft apartment look. I'm basically redecorating my home to look like a hackers secret hideout in a SYFY movie of the week.

I do most of the things I enjoy doing but one of the reasons I hate going places these days is I am tired of seeing couples, it's depressing.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:23 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
I have been slowly decorating my house to look like the pad I envisioned growing up. My office/studio/workshop looks like a cross between a SETI monitoring station, the interior of the nebaconezer and Quin Mallory's basement lab(even painted the walls gun-metal grey). And my living room has that industrial NewYork loft apartment look. I'm basically redecorating my home to look like a hackers secret hideout in a SYFY movie of the week.
I read this and I think, okay, on the one hand, you should do your house in whatever way makes you happy. On the other, if you're planning on entertaining women there, you might want to think about how that comes across. Most women's design magazines don't really do layouts on basement lab/hacker cave chic.

The more you describe yourself and your lifestyle, the more obvious it is that your issue isn't with women being materialistic, it's that the woman who's going to be able to appreciate your lifestyle is pretty much a unicorn. It's a very specific kind of woman. If you can find her, more power to you.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-02-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 08-02-2016, 04:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I read this and I think, okay, on the one hand, you should do your house in whatever way makes you happy. On the other, if you're planning on entertaining women there, you might want to think about how that comes across. Most women's design magazines don't really do layouts on basement lab/hacker cave chic.

The more you describe yourself and your lifestyle, the more obvious it is that your issue isn't with women being materialistic, it's that the woman who's going to be able to appreciate your lifestyle is pretty much a unicorn. It's a very specific kind of woman. If you can find her, more power to you.
Very true. And knowing loads of people in the alt lifestyles, the type of women that go to industrial nights, fetish nights, the macab, are really offbeat and into tattoos, piercings, etc and all that stuff... you know what, when you visit their homes they generally have nice regular places and enjoy baking, regular decor, etc. It really is a freaking unicorn he's looking for, and in a very conservative part of the country to boot. It would be tough in SF or Brooklyn too to find what he wants.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Very true. And knowing loads of people in the alt lifestyles, the type of women that go to industrial nights, fetish nights, the macab, are really offbeat and into tattoos, piercings, etc and all that stuff... you know what, when you visit their homes they generally have nice regular places and enjoy baking, regular decor, etc. It really is a freaking unicorn he's looking for, and in a very conservative part of the country to boot. It would be tough in SF or Brooklyn too to find what he wants.
Ok my place is not an exaggerated version of what I spoke of I just wanted the FEEL of the hacker home. painted the walls grey, had the floor re done, computer in every room, 4 in my office etc etc. basically a cyberpunk feel to it.

I think you got the wrong Idea it's still in the realm of normal , though I am looking into a much bigger wall mounted plasma screen.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:19 PM

24 posts, read 16,019 times
Quote:
Ok my place is not an exaggerated version of what I spoke of I just wanted the FEEL of the hacker home. painted the walls grey, had the floor re done, computer in every room, 4 in my office etc etc. basically a cyberpunk feel to it.

I think you got the wrong Idea it's still in the realm of normal , though I am looking into a much bigger wall mounted plasma screen.

Nothing wrong with your place as a single guy, seems neat and clean by guy standards but there is no colour, My home ar mostly dark also but I have bright reds also.

Now if you stay together till death it's no problem but the problem is if you break up for any reason the woman will have to start from scratch since you are not willing to sell your house and get something together with a future spouse.

I live in an apartment but I have money saved up for a down-payment on a house if I ever met the right guy. I would not want to move into a mans house permanently. I would much rather start fresh together.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMcDeath View Post
Nothing wrong with your place as a single guy, seems neat and clean by guy standards but there is no colour, My home ar mostly dark also but I have bright reds also.

Now if you stay together till death it's no problem but the problem is if you break up for any reason the woman will have to start from scratch since you are not willing to sell your house and get something together with a future spouse.

I live in an apartment but I have money saved up for a down-payment on a house if I ever met the right guy. I would not want to move into a mans house permanently. I would much rather start fresh together.
But why start a new mortgage when you don't have too? it makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships