Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 07:51 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times

Advertisements

I think it would depend on why the person was using it. If they are just stoners then I probably wouldn't date them. If she used it for medical reasons then for me that would not be a show stopper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:52 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
OP: I feel the same way about it that you do, and I think her reaction told you everything you needed to know.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times
Stick to your standards OP. Not everyone is smoking weed.

Personally I've tried it & it's not for me. I would date someone who smokes maybe once a year or less.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
A bigger flag to me honestly is someone that has NEVER tried it. I don't understand that at all.
I've never tried it. It doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape, or form. Why is that so difficult to understand? Never smoked a cigarette, either. I can't imagine this being a "flag."

Old 07-29-2016, 07:59 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I've never tried it. It doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape, or form. Why is that so difficult to understand? Never smoked a cigarette, either. I can't imagine this being a "flag."
The flag is someone wouldn't know if they liked it if they haven't tried it. I wouldn't have known if it appealed to me, or not, if I never tried it. I tend not to connect with people that have lived their lives conservatively... that's the flag... for me. If it isn't for someone else, that's fine too.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
I agree with being more concerned about a person that never tried it.

Not a deal breaker for me. If she handles it ok I wouldn't care.

Haven't smoked it in decades but when legal I will use it occasionally, about as often as I smoked it in the 70's. A once in awhile thing.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:04 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Depends on the person.... I certainly wouldn't red flag a person for being a casual weed smoker. A heavy pot-head probably not. The same goes for alcohol and tobacco. I wouldn't date an alcoholic but a casual drinker, even daily.. probably ok. I also wouldn't find a chain smoker very appealing either.

No.. not everyone smokes weed...

I smoked weed earlier in life but stopped when I started to see long term relationship potential between my future wife and I. She absolutely finds the smell of tobacco (and weed) nauseating and grew up in a chain smoker's household. Her father died of cancer earlier in life.

If I were completely honest, I am kinda hoping it would be legalized in NJ.... wouldn't mind having a smoke once in a while. I can get it fairly easily but legal problems from possession of CDS is no longer about just me... but also my family.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:07 AM

352 posts, read 234,093 times
If it's not your style.......don't sweat it.....move on.

Lots of people won't date drinkers, lots of people won't date non religious people, or people with kids.......etc. Pot is no different than other hangups.

About 2 years ago, I called it off with a "casual" drinker who ended up being a heavy drinker. The gal was beautiful and had a great job managing several bank branches. Different circumstances but my point to you is that even if everything else is great, one hangup that won't go away is nothing to feel bad about walking away from.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:08 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
..........If you were a person who didn't smoke weed, would you date someone who did? Maybe just something that I was taught from a young age was wrong and always carried that stigma with me, but I couldn't date someone who does.
No. I would not.

Smoking is incredibly harmful and to me it doesn't matter what she smokes; deal off. I've got better ways to spend my life.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I agree with being more concerned about a person that never tried it.
This makes no sense to me. Being concerned about someone who hasn't tried a drug that is illegal in most places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships