Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 06:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

When, following the end of a 25-year marriage, I decided to date I was 50. I specifically wanted to be with someone close to my age who had lived through the same "history" I had, the same music, the same social issues and turmoil, etc. Neither significantly younger nor older women interested nor appealed to me. My wife is but two years younger than I am, was a military brat like I was and was in the same profession. We never lack for things to talk about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:17 AM

214 posts, read 176,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I'm now 29 but don't really feel old. I can still pass out younger than my age.

Just that every single time I keep on hearing about several men my age going for only 18-24 year-old girls or even dating one that's still in HS, it can make me lose some hope. It doesn't help out either that my father met my mother when he was around my age while she had barely turned 18.
What's wrong with dating us, esp if we don't look old?

The man I would want to date would be someone between ages 26 to early 30's. Is there still a chance a man that age would be interest in dating me? I don't want to date men in their mid 40's, that's too old for me.
A lot of my friends almost exclusively date younger women. I prefer to date women my age, as close as possible actually. I don't date women more than 4 years younger, to me, there's not as much of a connection there. However, I am willing to date women up to 15 years older. I'm weird.

But yeah, if a 30 y/o guy turns you down for being 29, he's a piece of ****.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:17 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times
Men may want to date much younger women but unless you're Mick Jagger or one of those other old shriveled rock stars, chances are you're not going to get them. Most sane young women aren't looking for an old guy, they would generally like someone close to their age.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:55 AM

529 posts, read 508,211 times
Sometimes older men want to date younger women because they're thinking about the whole having kids thing, and it being kind of dangerous or iffy over 40.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I like older women because they're nicer and more open to being approached. My girlfriend is 28, and I'm 26. I know it isn't a big age difference but women her age and older I have seen are more approachable than a young college woman.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:02 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
I almost exclusively dated men 10+ years my senior when I started dating again in my late 20s. I can count on two hands the number of men I met/went out with that were under mid-30s. I got attention and advances from men of all ages.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's because they think you'll lose your looks faster and want to get married/have kids sooner.
Yes and no.

If we take care of ourselves and eat healthy, it can help us maintain youthful for longer years. It also depends on our genes sometimes. For instance my mother is now 51, but can get confused for a 40 year-old woman. She's always looked younger than her age.

As for wanting marriage and kids well yes I do admit that is something I would like. I don't agree with certain women that rush/nag men into that and think both have to be on the same page. However, to some point it can be somewhat understanding why they might be concern. Unfortunately we do have a certain time frame in having kids and the older, the more difficult it's for a woman to get pregnant.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:37 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
from a man's point of view women have a expiration date, especially if you think you may want to start a family, thats the main reason they prefer the younger women , plus more physical attraction, it's kind of a status symbol when a man scores a young attractive woman.

in some countries a 30 plus year old unmarried woman is considered an "old maid"

Old 08-02-2016, 09:42 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
from my point of view women have a expiration date, especially if you think you may want to start a family, thats the main reason I prefer the younger women , plus more physical attraction, I view it as a status symbol when a man scores a young attractive woman.

in some countries a 30 plus year old unmarried woman is considered an "old maid"
There, fixed it for you.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:08 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
I have gone MGTOW, men going their own way. Women's liabilities have become way more than anything they bring to the table. As a single man, I love hearing my married male friends tell me how miserable marriage is after 5-10 years. I could literally care less about dating. It's a giant hassle and women's dating profiles are the biggest laughs of them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships