Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:10 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Odd question, OP. Most men prefer women around their age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 10:11 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I have gone MGTOW, men going their own way. Women's liabilities have become way more than anything they bring to the table. As a single man, I love hearing my married male friends tell me how miserable marriage is after 5-10 years. I could literally care less about dating. It's a giant hassle and women's dating profiles are the biggest laughs of them all.
So, you joined a dating discussion board because..........??

Old 08-02-2016, 10:18 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm 50 now and married for 4 years (DH is 2 months older), and have found that most men date in their age range.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
My two really long term relationships have both been with girls that were 2 years younger and 2 years and a few months younger.

In 2014, I went out with girls that were 20 years apart on each end, which happened to be 10 years younger and 10 years older than me. I was 31 and was with a 41 year old and a 22 year old within a couple month span. When I was 20, I began a 5 year relationship with an 18 year old. She was 18 days shy of being exactly 2 years younger than me. She was born 12-7-84 and I'm 12-25-82. The one I'm with now is born 4-30-85.

I had a VERY hard time attracting 29 year old's when I was in my late 20's. The fact that I was so unsuccessful with women, even had me questioning ''Is it possible that I'm over the hill or looking old now?'' which was weird, as so many people were literally thinking I was in my early 20's and some even late teens when I was like 28. A lot of people still think I'm in my early 20's, which is literally the best compliment I like hearing. Although I think it definitely was hard to attract the older girls (older meaning my age) because they thought I looked so young. When I was in my late 20's, I literally would have rather dated early 20's girls because I didn't think late 20's girls would put up with me. But I was very interested in dating girls my age, despite most of them having a kid or two and some being divorced.
Ahhh....what?!?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:31 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I'm now 29 but don't really feel old. I can still pass out younger than my age.

Just that every single time I keep on hearing about several men my age going for only 18-24 year-old girls or even dating one that's still in HS, it can make me lose some hope. It doesn't help out either that my father met my mother when he was around my age while she had barely turned 18.
What's wrong with dating us, esp if we don't look old?

The man I would want to date would be someone between ages 26 to early 30's. Is there still a chance a man that age would be interest in dating me? I don't want to date men in their mid 40's, that's too old for me.
Oh, don't worry about that. They do. When I met my husband I was 34 and he was 30.

You don't want a man who for whatever weird reason refuses to date a woman his own age - even if she's wonderful - so it's no loss. Just cross those guys off the list and move on to the next one. Let them do what they want and you do what you want.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Just wait until you're 64 - that 44 year old will look REALLY good.
I don't necessarily blame him. When I was in my 20s, it would have pretty much grossed me out (sorry to put it that way) with a man in his 40s. Just...no. I was never crazy about the idea of some guy who could have been my Uncle Harry, reaching over to cop a feel over drinks. It wasn't just that physically as well as visually, he would have been pretty unlikely to have been able to compare to guys my age - though I'm sorry to be shallow, that WAS a factor, at least back then when I was so young and such things counted more - it was that even when older people try to "act cool," they are still just very definitely older. (Yeah, I know, insert_extreme_example_here.) In fact, I used to make my oldest son cringe by doing the "I'm a hip mom, yo" thing...it was hilarious... (I am mean...Sue me, a mom's gotta have fun!) A person 20 years older has, well, lived through 20 years more of stuff than I have. He's not on my level and I'm not on his. It CAN work, sure, I've seen it work, love will find a way, but with that large an age difference...rarely. Very rarely.

I realize not every person feels this way but I think a reasonable amount do, as I can't have pictured any of my friends going 20 years older either. Obviously, the caveat here is that if I had met a really amazing, perfect for me guy in his 40s when I was in my 20s I might have given him a shot, but I found even dating 10 years older a couple of times that there were gaps...there were just things that didn't "click"...hard to explain. So I'm not going to put anyone down for saying there's no way he could date a woman in his 40s even though I'm in my 40s (well, for another year, anyway, LOL). I get it.

Anyway, marriage stats bear out that at least in that arena (since it isn't counting non-married LTRs), the overwhelming majority of people marry within 5 years' age difference of one another. So no. It's not at all rare for men to be with women somewhere near their own age.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngerdude View Post
Hey, I am 30 and planning on asking my woman of 2 years who is 43 to marry me so it isn't the entire case.
Well, congratulations and many years of happiness to you both!

Old 08-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I have gone MGTOW, men going their own way. Women's liabilities have become way more than anything they bring to the table. As a single man, I love hearing my married male friends tell me how miserable marriage is after 5-10 years. I could literally care less about dating. It's a giant hassle and women's dating profiles are the biggest laughs of them all.
Well, what a sweet guy you are. I can't even imagine why you weren't able to get dates. You're the perfect candidate for MGTOW, so stick with that. It's kind of weird, though, that you're on a relationships board since you have not a care in the world for having one. Things that make ya go "hmmm." Anyway, good luck and all the happiness moving forward!

Old 08-02-2016, 11:04 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
I feel like age is mostly a hindrance when doing online dating. I don't like men knowing my age before they even talk to me. Right now, I am communicating with a 26 year old on Tinder who doesn't know how old I am since you can choose not to show your age on Tinder, but he says that he is interested in dating (sexing?) an older woman. Still, I'm reluctant to tell him my age right now just because it makes me feel creepy even if he's ok with it.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:07 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I always put my age out. If you don't like it, move along. It is a good way to filter out guys obsessed with it.

Yeah, you get the young guys who want to do an older women, just as you get the grandpa's hoping to score.

They are guys, what do you expect.

I asked one guy "what's up with the cougar hunting?" He said he looks at pictures, if the profile isn't insane he contacts them. He didn't pay attention to much more than that. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships