Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 02:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree with timberline. FWBs and FBs are not the same thing, and I've had both. In my opinion, former romantic or boy/girlfriend relationships are best for FWBs. This is a person you like and trust, someone with whom the sex is good but there's no long-term compatibility. An ex with whom you're friendly can be a good FWB. You already tried to be boyfriend and girlfriend but it didn't work out, so there should be little to no "what if" feelings, like you might have with someone new. Not everybody is cut out for this type of relationship.

FBs should have some "friendliness thrown in" and "chit chat." That's called not being a dick.
So, are you as a woman happy in a long term FWB RL? Is that the only intimacy you have or do you have somebody else on the side? 2 partners in the same time period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 02:50 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
OK. Londoncowboy, now I got it.

First of all I am female, a woman, not a mate.

People who stay in FBWs with the same person for a long time, are definitely sleeping with at least 2 persons in the same time period, using the FWB person on the side, when "the mood strikes." She being the "other" woman What woman wants this over a long time? Except if she herself sleeps with 2 men in the same time period. As already said earlier many people involved in FWBs , also called FBs, there is actually no difference, both focus on the sex, are married.

Have fun in your FBW (FB) RLS, are you married now?
Oh sorry ... I was labouring under a misapprehension!!! Thought you were a bloke and not a bird ( sorry )

It's certainly logical especially after knowing someone for so long in that capacity ..... That's the beauty of it that you are not exclusive so technically you can both come and go as you please .

It was me years ago to sleep around ( but never when exclusive with one ) I had a regular FWB however she's now got serious with someone and he's a great bloke so I'm very happy for her . but now I usually stick to casual ONS ( that id meet on a night out for example ) or the occasional fling etc...... Don't really need to chase it at the moment.

When it does happen though it is most certainly fun so thank you for that .... And no not married! Not by a long shot LMAO

Old 08-06-2016, 02:57 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Based on what you present in your OP I doubt that you are the type to dabble and engage without you getting attached on some level and with that hurt.

Women worrying about sexual prowess is silly to me. In my experience one of the best things that a woman can do is be eager and glad to be there, those two things alone will easily be great for most guys, the finer points will be learned when said first two are in place.

I wish I could tell a story about a woman I was with and be able to put it PG13 . I'll have to stew on it, but the gist is that she wasn't "eager and glad to be there"

That was a huge turn off enough so much so that I still remember it 30 yrs ago.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I agree with timberline. FWBs and FBs are not the same thing, and I've had both. In my opinion, former romantic or boy/girlfriend relationships are best for FWBs. This is a person you like and trust, someone with whom the sex is good but there's no long-term compatibility. An ex with whom you're friendly can be a good FWB. You already tried to be boyfriend and girlfriend but it didn't work out, so there should be little to no "what if" feelings, like you might have with someone new. Not everybody is cut out for this type of relationship.

FBs should have some "friendliness thrown in" and "chit chat." That's called not being a dick.
I am female, btw.

FWBs and FBs are essentially the same.

Men introduced the term FWB to make it more palatable to women.

A woman asked "do you want to be my Friend with Benefits" will probably say "hhhmm, yes."

A woman asked "do you want to be my f**kbuddy" will probably say No.

Both are about Sex, only, and FWB is the hypocritical term for the term FB.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh sorry ... I was labouring under a misapprehension!!! Thought you were a bloke and not a bird ( sorry )

It's certainly logical especially after knowing someone for so long in that capacity ..... That's the beauty of it that you are not exclusive so technically you can both come and go as you please .

It was me years ago to sleep around ( but never when exclusive with one ) I had a regular FWB however she's now got serious with someone and he's a great bloke so I'm very happy for her . but now I usually stick to casual ONS ( that id meet on a night out for example ) or the occasional fling etc...... Don't really need to chase it at the moment.

When it does happen though it is most certainly fun so thank you for that .... And no not married! Not by a long shot LMAO
Well, it is all perfect for a dude, ONS, FBWs = also called FBs, what they actually are, not so much for a woman.

Inspite of all the feminism and the calls for equalilty a woman who behaves like that would be called degoratory terms....sleeping around.

I guess you are still young and hope STD free??!!! :-)))

Old 08-06-2016, 03:13 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Well, it is all perfect for a dude, ONS, FBWs = also called FBs, what they actually are, not so much for a woman.

Inspite of all the feminism and the calls for equalilty a woman who behaves like that would be called degoratory terms....sleeping around.

I don't think it's that bad these days in terms of sex for women, but I could be wrong, IDK.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You seem to have very rigid definitions about different types of relationships. People don't always fit neatly into predetermined categories, and neither do their relationships.
Only the ones who do not want to hear in what category they are put, do not want to hear it !!!!!

You are my f**kbuddy," does not sound lovely.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:

Not by me they don't!!! ..... They won't get labelled nor have to put up with me casting aspersions about them as I'm most respectful towards women.... That's one of the main reasons why I don't have trouble meeting them IMO

With assumptions, name calling and other derogatory terms...... It's usually by jealous, bitter people that have no luck with dating....... So who cares what they think?

Old 08-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:

You say:
"An ex with whom you're friendly can be a good FWB."

You sleep around with exes? How does a warmed-up soup, a leftover, taste? Not for me!

Old 08-06-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Not by me they don't!!! ..... They won't get labelled nor have to put up with me casting aspersions about them as I'm most respectful towards women.... That's one of the main reasons why I don't have trouble meeting them IMO

With assumptions, name calling and other derogatory terms...... It's usually by jealous, bitter people that have no luck with dating....... So who cares what they think?
But society, in general and still, is much more accepting and forgiving to men than to women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships