Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:33 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Tonight I was with a woman I was casually dating. She had been acting funny the last few weeks, in that [her] conversations were vague. Now, there was chemistry in the first few weeks we were dating, and yes, we'd slept together a couple of times.

Now, I'm no "drive-by", meaning that I'm NOT one to sleep with a woman and then dump her. I didn't want friendzone, neither did she (or so she claims). We'd been dating since May, going out once a week, all seemed good. Pleasant conversations, kissing, etc.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked her where are we going with this. She said, "You're doing everything right...being a real man..." etc. But what raised the red flag was: "I don't want to hurt you." You see, she'd been talking to another guy, and began to get feelings for him - only, that guy friendzoned her! So she was upset over that.

So tonight, it was the ultimatum, if you will. I asked her one last time, "Do you want to continue dating or not?" And I wanted a straight Yes or No. She said, "I'm just not sure..." and with that, I said, "Goodnight!" cutting her off midsentence. She started to say something, but I said, "If you change your mind, you know where to find me, but I can't have flakiness and indecisiveness. Goodnight and good luck in your future endeavors." With that, I drove home, unfriended her, deleted her number from my phone, etc.

As mentioned, walk away, and not look back. Were my actions hasty?
I don't understand why you are/were upset about her response to your recent question. You were casually dating which means that both of you could have been dating other people. She told you two weeks earlier that she was upset over the friend zone status of the other man she was seeing. She was honest with you when you asked her if she wanted to continue dating. There is nothing wrong with your choice of not wanting to continue seeing her. You asked her a question and became rude by cutting her off mid sentence because you didn't like how she was about to answer. Your actions did appear to be a bit hasty and immature.

Would it have been more mature for you to have listened, said good night, good luck in her future endeavors and drive home, unfriend her and delete her number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 04:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
I don't understand why you are/were upset about her response to your recent question. You were casually dating which means that both of you could have been dating other people. She told you two weeks earlier that she was upset over the friend zone status of the other man she was seeing. She was honest with you when you asked her if she wanted to continue dating. There is nothing wrong with your choice of not wanting to continue seeing her. You asked her a question and became rude by cutting her off mid sentence because you didn't like how she was about to answer. Your actions did appear to be a bit hasty and immature.

Would it have been more mature for you to have listened, said good night, good luck in her future endeavors and drive home, unfriend her and delete her number?
Okay, so I was a bit hasty! BTW, she texted me today, asked how I'm doing. I still haven't answered.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:56 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
You did the right thing. I personally would've cut it off when she was pursuing the other guy, but you EVENTUALLY did what you needed to do. RESPECT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships