Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 AM

19 posts, read 16,548 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what you guys think about this. When my husband and I were dating and talked about how there were guys that would keep hitting on me even when I told him I wasn't interested he told me, just to do something really gross and they would go away. A few examples he gave were to pick my nose, or if possible burp in his face really loud. Interesting thing was I did manage to put one of those to the test. I was at a coffee shop and this guy sat down in the table I was sitting at.

He kept making comments about what I was reading and my looks. I told him I was dating someone but thanks. He continued to bother me, so I told him I would please prefer to be alone. He kept pressing the issue. So I took my then bfs advice and started picking my nose and then pretended I ate a booger, the guy got a weird face and immediately left!

From a guy's perspective, do you think that is good advice as one way to get guys that won't stop bugging you/hitting on you to go away? Even if a guy found a woman otherwise really attractive could acting like some unsophisticated really gross/nasty hill billy really consistently work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 02:07 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
No!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:27 AM

19 posts, read 16,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No!
No? Not that it's something I am sure most women would like doing but what's worse, constantly dealing with a guy that won't stop hitting on you or temporarily doing something real gross?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:28 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Terrible advise. A stern "please leave me alone" would be better than picking your nose in public and pretending to eat your boogers

Old 08-05-2016, 02:42 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Terrible advise. A stern "please leave me alone" would be better than picking your nose in public and pretending to eat your boogers
Agreed! I'ld rather just ignore the person if they are not listening to my polite refusal. No way I'm eating boogers. Ewww!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
NO, a classy woman, who truly attracts men, learns to dispose of the ones she doesn't like with class, until she gets the one she wants. What goes around comes around.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:48 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annebolsen View Post
I was wondering what you guys think about this. When my husband and I were dating and talked about how there were guys that would keep hitting on me even when I told him I wasn't interested he told me, just to do something really gross and they would go away. A few examples he gave were to pick my nose, or if possible burp in his face really loud. Interesting thing was I did manage to put one of those to the test. I was at a coffee shop and this guy sat down in the table I was sitting at.

He kept making comments about what I was reading and my looks. I told him I was dating someone but thanks. He continued to bother me, so I told him I would please prefer to be alone. He kept pressing the issue. So I took my then bfs advice and started picking my nose and then pretended I ate a booger, the guy got a weird face and immediately left!

From a guy's perspective, do you think that is good advice as one way to get guys that won't stop bugging you/hitting on you to go away? Even if a guy found a woman otherwise really attractive could acting like some unsophisticated really gross/nasty hill billy really consistently work?
LOL!... No don't do that!.... If you get hit on all the time it may become habit and without even noticing you will do it at random times....... Your boyfriend might be reluctant to take you out then lmao

If a bloke approaches that's respectful then just the gentle " sorry I have a boyfriend " will suffice

However if it's an arrogant, rude sod that won't take no for an answer then I'd have some fun with them...

" I'm waiting until marriage " should work .... Or depending on how bad they are say more cynical things like " I don't think your " big " enough " or I only like a certain height/weight etc ".

In short either make them feel insecure or even humiliate them slightly...... If they haven't got the decency to let you be and be gracious then that's game on in my eyes

Old 08-05-2016, 03:05 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frihed89 View Post
no, a classy woman, who truly attracts men, learns to dispose of the ones she doesn't like with class, until she gets the one she wants. What goes around comes around.

^^^^^^ this!!!

Old 08-05-2016, 03:24 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Like anything, it could work. But then again, it's a big risk.

I think of White Chicks where Marcus, dressed as a woman was trying to keep a guy off of him during the date. When he leaned in for a kiss, Marcus farted as loudly as possible. Only his date liked it, and farted himself, and continued doing it throughout the date. lol

So sometimes, that gross stuff you do may be attractive to a man who may be just as gross. Now you're in deeper.

So, sometimes a polite decline should be first response. If they wanna persist, then just ignore them. It's hard for someone to get anywhere we you don't make any effort.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 AM

914 posts, read 737,351 times
I think that's a hilarious idea

I don't think I could do it personally but if you've got the confidence to do it, why not!

And all the suggestions about being firm, classy etc when rejecting a guy... Well in the OP's example she did try that sort of approach but it didn't work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships