U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM

15,184 posts, read 24,392,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Hey, I just woke up and thought of another crude, (but somewhat true) analogy of a troll. You know how some person will walk into a crowded room, ease out a long stinky fart, then walk out, and have everybody blaming it on each other, while the real culprit is laughing their tail off!!
Are you and Mishigas talking about my brothers again???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,409,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you and Mishigas talking about my brothers again???
I'm NOT even going there......except to tell you that I'm laughing heartily now. (Thanks for the chuckle.)

Old 02-20-2008, 06:05 PM

4,387 posts, read 9,748,276 times
I know exactly who Lindsey means. The person was NOT funny, was desperate for attention and was childishly crude. It became very pathetic. I find people who log on to a forum of information and conversation and interrupt with nonsense no different then a brat who acts up for attention. They eventually annoy even the most tolerant people and thus get that valued attention . Sad, lonely people who are really bores. There are really grown men who live in basements at their moms and troll all day long. Maybe thats safer for them then out on the streets. DONT FEED TROLLS, you can spot them a mile away and they will log back on eventually, new name,same game. There was one on the Oregon forums who keeps coming back and insults or makes insulting statements to get someone to answer back and thus the dance begins.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:33 PM

I think the troll we're talking about is really a 12 or 13 year old boy who is maybe up to a little mischief while his parents aren't home.

DANCE? Did someone say dance?????

Old 02-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I think the troll we're talking about is really a 12 or 13 year old boy who is maybe up to a little mischief while his parents aren't home.

DANCE? Did someone say dance?????
I would guess a very large man who was teased in school, flunked out of college , works at Dominos pizza, never had a date (but has alot of magazines ,) and never misses a star trek convention so he can wear his Spock ears.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I would guess a very large man who was teased in school, flunked out of college , works at Dominos pizza, never had a date (but has alot of magazines ,) and never misses a star trek convention so he can wear his Spock ears.
Glad you changed that from Star Wars to Star Trek because I was really thinking this guy must be a total dork wearing Spock ears to a Star Wars convention! LOL

On the other hand, either way, he's still a dork!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Glad you changed that from Star Wars to Star Trek because I was really thinking this guy must be a total dork wearing Spock ears to a Star Wars convention! LOL
Ahh you caught that !

Old 02-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Ahh you caught that !
Yeah, I get the instant notifications in my email when a new post is made and a lot of times the post is the original before someone changed it. Way back when I was a newbie here that used to confuse me, until I wised up and figured it out. Sometimes what people post first is hilarious, but I understand why they have to change their posts sometimes.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:48 AM

5,852 posts, read 1,465,706 times
Way back when I was trying to find the right city for my family and myself, having been a member since 2006, someone accused me of being a troll and that everything I said was a lie. This was from someone that popped in and out of different forums. I had no idea was a troll was but it amazed me that someone had the nerve to publicly accuse my life as being a lie and they wouldn't stop the insults until I had the admin. close the thread before I hide under a table and stayed there! Now and then I come across someone that just seems to get a jolt out of stirring things up wherever they go. I just figure that these sad people must lead very lonely lives and can't stand to see others have a good connection on these forums. Having finally made the move to a new state late last year, CD has become a fun place to go and hang out with friends and make new friends in my new state as well. There is always going to be some sourpuss trying to rain on our parade.

Last edited by puffle; 02-21-2008 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: spelling check!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 AM

2,238 posts, read 6,255,301 times
Quote:
Hey, I just woke up and thought of another crude, (but somewhat true) analogy of a troll. You know how some person will walk into a crowded room, ease out a long stinky fart, then walk out, and have everybody blaming it on each other, while the real culprit is laughing their tail off!!

This is known as "crop-dusting".

Last edited by RoaminRed; 02-21-2008 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships