Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times

Advertisements

I decided to leave my fiance of nearly 6 years. He was physically and verbally abusive. It was a toxic relationship overall. He also drinks alot and I believe he is an alcoholic. When I left him to get my things, it felt kind of disturbing. The last thing I asked him (This was through text message) was did I deserve what happened? His response hours later was "Come and lay with me. You don't have to say anything. Just be in my presence." Sounded like he was trying to lure me.

When I got there to get my stuff, he had the lyrics to the Coldplay Song "The Scientist" written all over the wall of the apartment... I am assuming he did that while he was trying to get me to come over. As I was leaving he was trying to scrub it off the walls. I know that isn't coming off either. Why is his behavior so erratic? I felt kind of scared if he may hurt himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 05:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,464,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerFlower View Post
I decided to leave my fiance of nearly 6 years. He was physically and verbally abusive. It was a toxic relationship overall. He also drinks alot and I believe he is an alcoholic. When I left him to get my things, it felt kind of disturbing. The last thing I asked him (This was through text message) was did I deserve what happened? His response hours later was "Come and lay with me. You don't have to say anything. Just be in my presence." Sounded like he was trying to lure me.

When I got there to get my stuff, he had the lyrics to the Coldplay Song "The Scientist" written all over the wall of the apartment... I am assuming he did that while he was trying to get me to come over. As I was leaving he was trying to scrub it off the walls. I know that isn't coming off either. Why is his behavior so erratic? I felt kind of scared if he may hurt himself.
Oh my .....I'm so glad you've finally left him .... Both verbal and especially physical abuse makes me sick so I'm very sorry to hear of this

It's probably the fact you've gone that has finally sunk in and now he's at a loss with himself, but if he is indeed an alcoholic and might hurt himself then he's got to get help and you shouldn't feel responsible or worried about him whatsoever.

I do understand that you were together for 6 years but honestly my love please leave him to it/deal with it and don't get sucked back

I really hope you can move on with you life .... Take care

Old 08-06-2016, 05:14 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,250,767 times
If you are really worried about him hurting himself, call one of his friends to check on him. Do not let him manipulate you. Alcoholics are master manipulators. Abusers are master manipulators. The combination is lethal. BTW--he could easily go from acting a little off, to physically and verbally abusing you again. You know those unfortunate situations we see in the news all too often: the murder-suicide of a BF/GF? This is how it begins.

Truly--for your own safety just stay away from him.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,464,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
If you are really worried about him hurting himself, call one of his friends to check on him. Do not let him manipulate you. Alcoholics are master manipulators. BTW--he could easily go from acting a little off, to physically and verbally abusing you again. You know those unfortunate situations we see in the news all too often: the murder-suicide of a BF/GF?This is how it begins.

Truly--for your own safety just stay away from him.
That also

He knows she will be worried and might " play on " to further hurt her emotionally

So agreed for her own safety she should stay away

Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 670,724 times
Was he drunk when you got there?

Old 08-06-2016, 07:38 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,409,495 times
Quote:

Why is his behavior so erratic? I felt kind of scared if he may hurt himself.
It doesn't matter...you're walkin' out the door.

[]

Old 08-06-2016, 07:43 PM

8,919 posts, read 7,672,929 times
Stay.
Away.
Possibly get a restraining order as well.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:27 PM

29,443 posts, read 22,366,566 times
Run far away girl, and never look back.

File restraining order if necessary

Old 08-06-2016, 11:29 PM

51,925 posts, read 52,332,873 times
Definitely keep your safety forefront of your mind. I'm sorry this is happening.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:32 AM

38,972 posts, read 27,364,015 times
Quote:

Your ex fiance is not normal. (bolded)

Your relationship is not working out and be glad that you have dodged a bullet.

If you are worrying about his behavior, contact his parents or siblings or family members. But don't try to fix him yourself, you simply can't. He needs a therapist, not a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships