Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 07:26 PM

102,085 posts, read 107,113,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm TELLIN' you! There is serious untapped potential here! Let it out already, OP! Unleash the cute, the intelligent, and the creative.

Then check back in with us because we want to hear a happy ending.
C'mon, OP--don't you want to be somebody's teddy bear? Unleash your inner teddy bear! You have some serious cuddle power going on, when you try.

Maybe the OP needs a phone booth to switch alter-egos in; from Alien Ninja to fuzzy bear. Do they have phone booths, anymore? Uh-oh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:28 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,470,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's a total transformation, from "duck for cover" to "aww, what a sweetie!"

But I guess he's not used to smiling? Like it causes him pain, or something?

OP: real world. Now. Please. This is the first day of the rest of your life.

That's the way I think he meant it as my love.... And it's tongue in cheek

I'm sure he has mentioned his lack of smiling before ( not certain though )

Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's an adorable photo.
I like the glasses in the new pic.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:42 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,112,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The first thing that struck me wasn't "scary". It was that his glasses and bald head make him look like those portrayals of aliens with the dark, narrow-ish eyes and the bald heads. Maybe he was trying to look like a Ninja? That could be cool at 15 or 20, but not at middle age.

He owns his own home, I'll give him credit for that. And he stays out of trouble and doesn't hurt or take advantage of people as far as we know. He's not posting to ask for what movies motivate women to take their clothes off on a Netflix date.
Yes I stay out of trouble because I live in texas, they give too much time for the smallest of crime, our state motto is "Come on vacation leave on probation"
And as a kid I was really into comics and Scifi so my fashion sense heavily inspired by comics and the punk and grunge artists I grew up listening to. and not the spandex wearing sissy hero's, but the antihero's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What from smiling? LOL.... That's funny

Hugely better and much more inviting.....

With the deepest respect but the other photo made me think of a cross between blade and a teenage mutant ninja turtle
Well that's good company to be viewed in.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:12 PM

11,756 posts, read 11,961,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Yes I stay out of trouble because I live in texas, they give too much time for the smallest of crime, our state motto is "Come on vacation leave on probation"
And as a kid I was really into comics and Scifi so my fashion sense heavily inspired by comics and the punk and grunge artists I grew up listening to. and not the spandex wearing sissy hero's, but the antihero's.

Well that's good company to be viewed in.
No it's not good company. Women here are telling you your pictures are intimidating if not scary. Why are you aspiring to look like something you grew up on 25 years ago?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:35 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,112,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
No it's not good company. Women here are telling you your pictures are intimidating if not scary. Why are you aspiring to look like something you grew up on 25 years ago?
Inspired by is different than looking like, I'm not going out in cosplay.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:57 PM

OP. did you mention earlier in this thread, or in another thread, that you have some kind of condition that makes it difficult to smile? Is there something going on with your jaw? There actually are medical conditions that make it difficult for people to have facial expressions.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 AM

24,522 posts, read 18,039,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, so once again.

This story of a woman steeped in luxury and excess into her declining years relates to the OP being a catch for the averaged divorced woman how, again...? Because wasn't that your original point...that the OP must financially be a catch compared to the average divorced woman?
The alimony thing was off-topic. The point I'm making is that the median 40 year old woman did not go to college. She doesn't have a 6-figure professional job. She didn't get divorced and "get the house". The 50th percentile household net worth for a 40 year old couple is $85K according to the census data. Do a divide-by-2 on that in a divorce and you don't have mansions and yachts. You might have a down payment on a very modest house. That 40-year-old is unlikely to make more than $30K. After you pay for housing, utilities, health insurance, car insurance, keeping an older car on the road, and food, there is no money for travel, fancy restaurants, or the other discretionary income luxuries. Layer a child or two on top of that and they're financially struggling. Age-appropriate women for the OP are largely going to be in similar economic circumstances and most won't even own a small 2 bedroom house. The math doesn't work for most to buy a house. So the OP has pretty much half of all age-appropriate single/divorced women available to him.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:08 AM

11,756 posts, read 11,961,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The alimony thing was off-topic. The point I'm making is that the median 40 year old woman did not go to college. She doesn't have a 6-figure professional job. She didn't get divorced and "get the house". The 50th percentile household net worth for a 40 year old couple is $85K according to the census data. Do a divide-by-2 on that in a divorce and you don't have mansions and yachts. You might have a down payment on a very modest house. That 40-year-old is unlikely to make more than $30K. After you pay for housing, utilities, health insurance, car insurance, keeping an older car on the road, and food, there is no money for travel, fancy restaurants, or the other discretionary income luxuries. Layer a child or two on top of that and they're financially struggling. Age-appropriate women for the OP are largely going to be in similar economic circumstances and most won't even own a small 2 bedroom house. The math doesn't work for most to buy a house. So the OP has pretty much half of all age-appropriate single/divorced women available to him.
He really doesn't though because he lives a very niche lifestyle and looks quite unfriendly and intimidating in his photos. Women are not knocking down the door to date him.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:17 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,275,684 times
What's the 80/20 rule?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships