Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:01 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times

Advertisements

A lot of the pictures that I have of me are group shots: me out with a dive group, me on stage with other dancers, me here or there in this or that dance workshop.

This is me, it is who I am. Diver, Dancer, Actress, etc.. Such things are what I own up to.

I am wondering, however, how they will go over. Me, there in the shot with all the other women, our dancing canes in hand or even me there with the band, everyone else in the shot a man.

I am not one to take selfies nor am I, being a type of a Paparazzi myself, the kind to pose out of my natural environment. Catch me as I am, doing what I do.

How would "you" react, what would be "your" thoughts if the date in question was the one in the shot with all the girls or even more, everyone else in the shot was of the opposite sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 03:33 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Showing yourself as active or engaging in a hobby is fine but make damn sure you can be identified.
I, not so subtly. pointed this out to one man by messaging and telling him "I'll take the guy in the red shirt" (It wasn't him)

Old 08-08-2016, 03:37 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Personally I dislike group shots where it's like trying to find wally. Perhaps have a couple of group shots where you are easily identified & also have a couple where you are by yourself.

Surely the people in your dance group would take a photo of you by yourself even if you are in you dance wear? It still gets the point across that you are into dance, but identifying you won't become a chore.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:10 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Group shots are only ok when it's completely clear which person you are AND you're the most attractive person in the photo. Otherwise, I don't like to see them.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:37 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Group shots are only ok when it's completely clear which person you are AND you're the most attractive person in the photo. Otherwise, I don't like to see them.
I have used group shots in the past but I always picked the shortest fattest guys I know to be in the shot with me.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I have used group shots in the past but I always picked the shortest fattest guys I know to be in the shot with me.
Yup. Otherwise, people will be disappointed that you aren't your hotter friend.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Most people would be able to see right through this. I'ld also feel uncomfortable about using other people to highlight my good looks. If you're great looking, then that will be obvious even in a photo by yourself.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:28 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Most people would be able to see right through this. I'ld also feel uncomfortable about using other people to highlight my good looks. If you're great looking, then that will be obvious even in a photo by yourself.
Well, that is not the intention but of course, most of us do look hot even without makeup on. I mean, we are there in tank tops and capri shorts.

Sigh, as it is, looking over my account on online dating, I think I have enough troupe and dancing pictures as it is. If I want them to see more of those, I can always link in my Facebook......which I won't. I don't need a vindictive suitor to follow that home and try to hurt me there......

..................assuming I ever get a suitor at all.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, that is not the intention but of course, most of us do look hot even without makeup on. I mean, we are there in tank tops and capri shorts.

Sigh, as it is, looking over my account on online dating, I think I have enough troupe and dancing pictures as it is. If I want them to see more of those, I can always link in my Facebook......which I won't. I don't need a vindictive suitor to follow that home and try to hurt me there......

..................assuming I ever get a suitor at all.
Why not just meet the people you match well with instead of worrying about whether or not to add them on FB. Once you've met, then you can decide how much of your life you want them to have access to & if things go well, they will eventually see these pics anyway.

If you're worried about safety, then group photos are more risky as reversing images on Google would probably pinpoint exactly where you partake in these activities, etc especially if other people in the group have used the same image. I'm sure you'll get a suitor. Good luck

Old 08-08-2016, 06:49 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
If you have a mix of photos and its clear which person is you (because you have solo photos too) it is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships