Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Am I the only guy who didn't find "walking guy" in the video handsome? I think maybe I am so perhaps I should be keeping my mouth shut...but I didn't find him handsome, just groomed (and then of course, the whole workout-body thing, but that's not what I am referring to, I'm talking more about the face).

However, I thought the narrator was facially really cute. Plus he looked like fun, which is hella sexy.
No absolutely not.... I think quite a few didn't love

Old 08-10-2016, 10:22 AM

39,220 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Am I the only guy who didn't find "walking guy" in the video handsome? I think maybe I am so perhaps I should be keeping my mouth shut...but I didn't find him handsome, just groomed (and then of course, the whole workout-body thing, but that's not what I am referring to, I'm talking more about the face).

However, I thought the narrator was facially really cute. Plus he looked like fun, which is hella sexy.
No, you ain't the only one.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:24 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinusBro View Post
It is a fact, though, many women look down on guys who have a muscular physique with abdominal definition showing. They claim to find them too polished, too tryhard, too conceited or focused on himself, too much of a "pretty boy", when society and history, tells us otherwise, that women do love men with these body types, and it has been seen and proven all over history, since the beginning of mankind, in paintings, structures, sculptures, etc all the way to modern times.

It can be seen in movies, cartoons, music videos, magazines, every single billboard you see, there is a handsome athletic muscular guy. Women going crazy for movies like Magic Mike and action/super hero actors with built physiques. I think it is a big hypocrisy from women. It makes sense why they would deny it because they don't want be considered as superficial or slutty. In this society, is ok for men to state what physical features they like in a woman, but is good for women to do the same. After all, we live in a society dominated by males, so as man, you can pretty much get away with anything that doesn't break the law, and pretty much never be judged.

Just because you happen to be a hipster and want to go against the norm, doesn't mean that a guy with such body type is not attractive or good looking. The very same reason why some women that have amazing body types that all men lust and go crazy for, you can come here and say she doesn't look good, is not the ideal, that maybe she had surgery or something done, but the fact of the matter stands. Men want them, and that is a proof that is more valuable than your opinion.
While I'm not into very muscular guys or beefcakes, I can absolutely appreciate a fit and toned physique. I can recognize a good-looking man or woman, their aesthetics, and still not be attracted to them beyond that.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:33 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,610 times
Quote:

I really can't make out his face as I watched the video on my phone. I was think more along the lines of his overall body since that's what I can make out. I really can't tell if his face is handsome or if he's a "butterface" as the guys like to say.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:10 AM

102,200 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
It is a fact, though, many women look down on guys who have a muscular physique with abdominal definition showing. They claim to find them too polished, too tryhard, too conceited or focused on himself, too much of a "pretty boy", when society and history, tells us otherwise, that women do love men with these body types, and it has been seen and proven all over history, since the beginning of mankind, in paintings, structures, sculptures, etc all the way to modern times.

It can be seen in movies, cartoons, music videos, magazines, every single billboard you see, there is a handsome athletic muscular guy. Women going crazy for movies like Magic Mike and action/super hero actors with built physiques. I think it is a big hypocrisy from women. It makes sense why they would deny it because they don't want be considered as superficial or slutty. In this society, is ok for men to state what physical features they like in a woman, but is good for women to do the same. After all, we live in a society dominated by males, so as man, you can pretty much get away with anything that doesn't break the law, and pretty much never be judged.

Just because you happen to be a hipster and want to go against the norm, doesn't mean that a guy with such body type is not attractive or good looking. The very same reason why some women that have amazing body types that all men lust and go crazy for, you can come here and say she doesn't look good, is not the ideal, that maybe she had surgery or something done, but the fact of the matter stands. Men want them, and that is a proof that is more valuable than your opinion.
Oh, good grief! Many women don't like muscle-bound guys. They just don't. It has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Some women do like those types. To each his/her own. Everyone has different taste. Get used to it.

I can't believe someone actually made a thread to rant about this! You know, if people could get paid to overthink, some people would be millionaires.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:08 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,602 times
For awhile I was a fat guy, I only attracted women with a tall fetish(I'm 6ft5), then I got buff and chiseled out Then I got even fewer responses from women(barely legal girls increased though, but I did not want that), but gay men started hitting on me in large numbers. The build that seems to attract the most women(at least for me) is muscular with a little layer of dough. so I have no problem attracting women, it's just getting to relationship status that is the daunting task.

If all I wanted was sex I would be happy as a puppy with 2 peters.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:11 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,225 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure is because deep down, they feel insecure about a man being better looking than they are. Women are already insecure about their looks and self-image as it is, due to centuries of being bombarded by beauty magazines, weight loss, beauty expectations and standards, female actresses, and singers, beautiful women and unattainable bodies everywhere you go, etc. Whether they want to admit it or not, they all have been affected by this bombardment. So, many women, feel the need to bring down the looks of a man, who is obviously good looking, is a way for them to feel better about themselves. They feel the need to lower his value.

For them, a man is supposed to be ugly and macho, not care about his appearance, just be himself. When they see a guy, who obviously won the genetic lottery in term of looks, they see him as trying too hard or being too metrosexual, too polished, too into himself, even though this guy, was simply born this way lol

Not surprisingly, the opposite is true with average or even below average males. They are more likely to stick up for the underdogs and say they are cute or good looking, or even better looking than the guy above, who is obviously much better looking. They go for underdog because they feel the good looking guy, doesn't need any sympathy or praise, or even help for that matter. Why boost his ego, when he already knows he is good looking? He doesn't any help or praise. Is like trying to help a millionaire, he don't need our help

It is a coping mechanism. They know that kind of guy wouldn't even look at them, so they feel need to bring him down and say he aint all that.
Not me, why would I? The contrary, I compliment the handsomeness of men, it will be to my profit.
But I am always honest, if I do not see him handsome, I say nothng, I would never tell him that he is fugly...:-) even not after a fight, that's mean, and hits on the ego.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
What is a man supposed to look and act like?
MANLY...lol...

Old 08-10-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman View Post
kindness and confidence (not arrogance) are sexy!

True kindness (not weakness) is sexy!
this ^^^^^^

Old 08-10-2016, 12:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
MANLY...lol...
Which looks like...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.