Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
22 male here

I've been in a relationship with this girl for 4 months now. The first 3 months (honeymoon phase) was AMAZING. We got along so well, despite some minor arguments. It was fantastic and we started exchanging "I love you's" after the first 2 months. We have great physical chemistry and look and feel great for each other.

For the past 2 weeks, it's been really rocky. I've been struggling with insecurity/jealousy issues that I bring up to her, which ends up annoying her and turns into an argument. We've fought big like this before, but she's always come back and we ended up being normal again. Just last week, she started changing, becoming really cold on me, not saying she loves me, and just felt different. After 2 days of trying to yank it out of her, she finally told me what was really wrong: she still had feelings for her ex of a year ago, but insisted that it meant nothing and that she was just getting confused, she does not want to get back with him.

After she revealed what was really bothering her, we got back to normal for a bit, but it still wasn't 100% the same, which was okay with me. However, 2 days ago we had a fight because she went out with her friends late at night and she didn't text me when she got home, which she usually does. I called her at 2AM wondering where she was (I was worried about her), and she woke up angry of course, telling me I don't need to worry about her. The next day I gave her space and didn't message her at all. Today we talked on the phone and she was still angry about it, saying that she doesn't want this at all and that it's too serious for her.

She's right at the fact that we've been arguing so much lately, but I want to save this relationship because I believe all our arguments is just out of bad luck or bad timing. I know we can get back to normal again, like how it was before. Nothing has changed in me, but I just hope it's not too late for her. I know she still cares because she still messaged me even when I was trying to give her space, but I just don't know if she still cares enough to work on it.

Is this worth fighting for still?
Dump her, asap, be the first to dump her!
She used you as a rebound, and it did not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 10:23 AM

678 posts, read 875,785 times
It's been day 3 since the breakup and I feel worse than I did day 1 and 2. This is so bad. I can't stop thinking about it. All I want to do is sleep because at least my dreams are more pleasant than reality.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:48 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
Not to be harsh, but don't plan on spending too much time at the pity party. It's attractive to no one.

Get out and have a good time, even if you have to fake it for awhile.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Not to be harsh, but don't plan on spending too much time at the pity party. It's attractive to no one.

Get out and have a good time, even if you have to fake it for awhile.
You're not harsh, you're right. It's just really hard to think clearly when you're emotional.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:51 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,811 times
Quote:
A day after she messaged me that, she came to my house asking for me back. We got back together and then just yesterday broke up again.
How can you put up with that?
How old is she? 14?
I think she needs a therapist.

Just go out and find a new and normal person.
Do not wallow in self pity:

Get drunk, Mourn for the last time, Look around and MOVE ON.

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 08-23-2016 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
How can you put up with that?
How old is she? 14?
I think she needs a therapist.

Just go out and find a new and normal person.
Do not wallow in self pity:

Get drunk, Mourn for the last time, Look around and MOVE ON.
I am still in mourning. It's going to be a while for me to be normal again. This is just so bad, especially since it ended so badly and there's like no chance of us talking again. I don't know why I feel so broken, but I do. I shouldn't feel like this since I've handled tougher situations. My god, I don't know what I can do.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:57 PM

524 posts, read 521,769 times
Quote:
22 male here

I've been in a relationship with this girl for 4 months now. The first 3 months (honeymoon phase) was AMAZING. We got along so well, despite some minor arguments. It was fantastic and we started exchanging "I love you's" after the first 2 months. We have great physical chemistry and look and feel great for each other.

For the past 2 weeks, it's been really rocky.

Is this worth fighting for still?
This thing we call love is really just intense feelings caused by a chemical reaction in the brain. When we meet someone who sparks our interest, a strong chemical reaction forms in our brains. We refer to this as having "chemistry" for the other person.

This chemistry is very intense initially. It clouds our judgment by not allowing us to see the other person's flaws. You are deaf and blind to everything as you are swept up in the euphoria. It's like being on a roller coaster ride together. She can do no wrong. She is "perfect" in your eyes. You are "drunk in love."

Eventually the intensity fades as the brain chemicals are reabsorbed. Once the intensity fades, everything comes into focus and she realizes she's not that into you anymore.

This usually coincides with her meeting someone else who sparks her interest and the cycle repeats itself.

You never were in love. You both had intense feelings for each other initially. But the chemistry has since faded.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:29 AM

Day 4. I definitely feel much worse than the first breakup. It's funny, 2 days after the first breakup I was actually feeling better, but this is so much worse.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Day 4. I definitely feel much worse than the first breakup. It's funny, 2 days after the first breakup I was actually feeling better, but this is so much worse.
It is going to be like that. Eventually you will start to feel better. I know it is difficult, however, it is a good time to get active. Find something to keep your mind off of the breakup. Physical activity is good. Or something to fill your time works.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
4 days? Of course you feel bad. It takes 6 months to feel pretty much normal again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships