Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 06:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times

Advertisements

Geez, I hope this becomes a nonissue by the time my son is an adult. I can't imagine going through the pain and expense of elective surgery, in hopes of conforming to the preference of a hypothetical partner.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:20 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Preference for a certain characteristic in a romantic partner does not, by any means, necessarily mean hatred for those who don't have said characteristic.

Taking something that is hopefully emotion neutral:

I have a strong preference for guys with beards. Does that necessarily mean that I hate those without them? Of course not. What it does mean is that I will gravitate toward those with this characteristic as a potential romantic partner.

I don't have stats on this, but let's say (which I believe is true) that most women prefer guys that do not have full beards. What does that mean for me? If I am being true to myself and what I desire, absolutely zilch. It just leaves more bearded guys for me. Seriously though, I frankly couldn't care less what anyone else does in their own intimate relationships, or what preferences they have. That is their prerogative, and who am I or anyone else to tell them that they are wrong?

See now, if you had actually put this out there initially, I personally would not have had an issue.

Great, most women like men who are uncircumcised. That's a great thing for the OP to know before he makes this decision.

However, you didn't do that. You spoke about uncircumcised men being better sexual partners simply due to the presence of foreskin. To which I said, no, not in my experience. Again, going back to the issue of preferences and what the majority thinks- it does not change my own desires and wants in a partner. And, yes, I do think it's awfully presumptuous for someone to tell me that my own experiences are wrong.

Yes, they do. And those opinions go both ways.

I simply stated that if you are looking for some writing to bolster your premise that "uncircumcised is better", you might want to steer clear of citing from organizations with a clear bias one way or the other.

Ms. Mishigas73 got a white flag for me to wave...
you are as tough as leather , but don't you think
that the OP is being culturely bullied with his
uncircumcised self.?. Anybody else out there
have a white (flag)?

A woman preference and also a man's preference is going to always be theirs perogative , just make sure that you aren't shaming somebody different from you into group think.Circumcision is falling
out of favor here in the U.S.A. with less than 60
percent of the population being Circumvised.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:45 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan Di View Post
You're right, I apologize. I guess I just get frustrated. Sometimes the truth hurts I guess.

I apologize again, I will take your input into consideration, Thank you.
I want to say, if I really liked a guy I would not end things due to that. I think it makes a difference if you are looking for a gf or casual. Also, have you actually been rejected due to that? Because if not, if you have trouble just getting a date, then your penis is not the area to focus on.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
That is assuming (wrongly) that all women don't care.

Very true - sometimes I forget and speak just for myself.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Geez, I hope this becomes a nonissue by the time my son is an adult. I can't imagine going through the pain and expense of elective surgery, in hopes of conforming to the preference of a hypothetical partner.
Many people get elective surgery to help them feel better about themselves and to improve the quality of their lives. I myself had breast implants and lipo 17 years or so ago, and my upper eyelids tightened a few years later, and have never regretted it. I did it for me, not a hypothetical partner. Feeling badly about a part of yourself can impact how you present yourself, your confidence level, which has a lot to do with success in dating and in life in general.

At 54 my body is still amazing and my face much younger looking than my years (i haven't had anything done in years and years, but it has lasted) and I still get guys turning around to look when I pass in a bikini. Yes, it makes a difference. I know I am awesome inside, but it's fun to have the confidence of feeling beautiful on top of that.[[CENTER]SaveSaveSave[/CENTER]

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 08-18-2016 at 08:10 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 08:06 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,336,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I would get it, bro. Looks cleaner and more appealing to the ladies.
Very true ^^^^^^^

Old 08-18-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I've always wanted to try it with an uncircumcised man. I hear they enjoy it much more.

No WAY you should get that done.
Circumcised men last longer...so women enjoy it more.....-)

Old 08-18-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
Lan, I can see where that question would ruin the time for you.....I believe she was probably just curious and meant zero harm.

I've heard an advantage to remaining uncut, is allegedly it increases sensitivity because the nerves are protected (while flacid). So there is that.

The nervousness, all of that....will go away. Don't overthink this stuff. Good luck.

****....I've heard an advantage to remaining uncut, is allegedly it increases sensitivity because the nerves are protected (while flacid). So there is that.....*****

Actually, the increased sensitivity of the uncircumcised penis is an advantage for the man, not for the woman. Circumcised penises last longer due to the minimized sensitivity during intercourse. An advantage for the woman. Women and men want to last longer, don't they?

Old 08-18-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
So what are you saying? That God is flawed and he makes mistakes? If God made me this way, I'm staying this way. If God wanted me to circumcised, he never would had put on that skin there in the first place. LOL.

It's just in your head. First of all, it's not like you walk around naked to a date and she judges you immediately. If you are having issues with dating. There are issues way prior to you getting naked.
Honestly, I ask men with whom I intent to have sex if they are circumcised.
This 1-2 dates....before.......we have sex. I prefer circumcised, out of many reasons.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Many people get elective surgery to help them feel better about themselves and to improve the quality of their lives. I myself had breast implants and lipo 17 years or so ago, and my upper eyelids tightened a few years later, and have never regretted it. I did it for me, not a hypothetical partner. Feeling badly about a part of yourself can impact how you present yourself, your confidence level, which has a lot to do with success in dating and in life in general.

At 54 my body is still amazing and my face much younger looking than my years (i haven't had anything done in years and years, but it has lasted) and I still get guys turning around to look when I pass in a bikini. Yes, it makes a difference. I know I am awesome inside, but it's fun to have the confidence of feeling beautiful on top of that.[[CENTER]SaveSaveSave[/CENTER]
I'll reiterate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The OP feels bad about himself because of other people's opinions of an uncircumcised penis. I hope my son does not fall prey to that same line of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships