Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:00 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some people guys in particular don't wear long hair well. I've had long hair off and on my whole life. I've had it long now for about 10 years now. Most young guys dont have long hair like back in the day. Most of the guys I see with long hair now are guys like me middle aged and most have it in a ponytail just like I wear mine. I've always been lucky in the hair department. Some of my friends now are getting more head as the tacky joke goes. I saw screw it work like a big dawg, we'll all be dead soon.
In Australia the mullet is still alive and well! Couldn't believe it when I saw the first one. Took me right back to the 80s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 09:08 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie9800 View Post
Girls do care about looks and height don't fool yourself. I was always insecure because I was skinny so I started working out and girls took notice. Unfortunately for me I'm shy and never take initiative so the girls always moved on.
Yeah without the women finding you physically attractive at all you can't get your foot in the door.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:11 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah without the women finding you physically attractive at all you can't get your foot in the door.
Yes you can, but most guys with your attitude would rather just play the "poor me" card.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,452,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Getting approached two or three times a year from a drunk ASU sophomore or some weathered soccer mom doesn't exactly put me at the same level as getting dates and hookups on the regular. I haven't had a date in over three years. Pretty sure I'm a dumpster fire to most women.
Two or three times a year!? If you think that's bad, you must not be in touch with reality.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Quote:
Getting approached two or three times a year from a drunk ASU sophomore or some weathered soccer mom doesn't exactly put me at the same level as getting dates and hookups on the regular. I haven't had a date in over three years. Pretty sure I'm a dumpster fire to most women.
I don't suppose it could be your attitude?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM

44 posts, read 22,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I agree but you have to get to where you don't care anymore because it doesn't get better according to some people.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:54 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
That's more than I usually gotten approached by, outside of after playing a gig with a couple bands I play in.

I usually get/got approached by more gay men than women.

One thing that really annoyed me was when I was in a mall about 6 years ago and was approached by a pregnant girl. And by pregnant, I mean she must have been 7 or 8 months pregnant. She was well into the pregnancy. She was just looking for attention pretty much.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:33 PM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, if the photo on your profile is fairly recent, you do look young. Well, at your age, whether or not you can look good with long hair depends on how thick it is.
The profile pic is is no more than two months old as that's when I trimmed the full hipster sea captain beard down (again, maintenance) to to the stiletto style that it is now. So yeah, that's how I look in the now, for better-or-worse.

I'm not a big picture taker/keeper, but this would me the most recent with me long hair (not the greatest pic):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wP...U=w300-h400-no

It wasn't that shoulder length very long though, and this hammy pic is the most recent where I could find where it was loooooooong:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...-XMC0-CBJnD837

It's fine, but not thinning. Hairline hasn't budged a bit... just some stray grays here-and-there. Makes me distinguished or something like that...

Old 08-17-2016, 05:14 PM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Two or three times a year!? If you think that's bad, you must not be in touch with reality.
Well, it depends on how you look at it. It's flattering to an extent, but a lot of it is location more than anything. A good friend/co-worker of mine was a big fan of this club (that I couldn't stand, BTW) that was infamous for cougars and loud 10 - 20 year old top 40 music. If you're a guy looking/under 35-40, you're going to get accosted there. Same for the ASU-area bars. It's just the law of averages if you hang around those kind of places a lot (which I don't anymore).

On the converse, I don't EVER get casually chatted up in normal environs like in line at coffee shops, hanging out in a book store, shopping, walking around First Friday, even at Meetups people are generally standoffish. Phoenix isn't a very mingle-y town, I guess. I just assume 90% of people who date are using Tinder, Ok Cupid, or whatever. That's everyone I know these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't suppose it could be your attitude?
I've got a pretty good attitude actually. I guess you'd have to know me. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Like I said in a previous post, I like myself well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
That's more than I usually gotten approached by, outside of after playing a gig with a couple bands I play in.
I got approached a sum total ONCE while playing in my last band in Portland, Or. Everyone thinks it's free _____y land... ha ha! Completely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I usually get/got approached by more gay men than women.

One thing that really annoyed me was when I was in a mall about 6 years ago and was approached by a pregnant girl. And by pregnant, I mean she must have been 7 or 8 months pregnant. She was well into the pregnancy. She was just looking for attention pretty much.
I got hit up by one (again, drunk) gay guy in the last year or so. It happens every few years. No big. Again, I take the compliment. But, again, to your point, attention isn't all that great if it's not what you're looking for in a partner.

Tipsy college girls might be the holy grail to some guys, but it's not what I want in life. I'm actually that guy that wants to commit, settle down, all that jazz. Heck, even in my twenties, I was never into one night stands and all that. Too much risk of STDs, accidental pregnancies, hooking a crazy.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
The profile pic is is no more than two months old as that's when I trimmed the full hipster sea captain beard down (again, maintenance) to to the stiletto style that it is now. So yeah, that's how I look in the now, for better-or-worse.

I'm not a big picture taker/keeper, but this would me the most recent with me long hair (not the greatest pic):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wP...U=w300-h400-no

It wasn't that shoulder length very long though, and this hammy pic is the most recent where I could find where it was loooooooong:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...-XMC0-CBJnD837

It's fine, but not thinning. Hairline hasn't budged a bit... just some stray grays here-and-there. Makes me distinguished or something like that...
The second link doesn't work, but I'll be honest with you on the first one, and it is NO reflection on the person you may actually be. PLEASE take this in the spirit in which it is intended as I am sure it is a visual misrepresentation of the person you actually are.

The picture looks scary. The person in it looks angry. Or on the serious defensive about to turn offensive...the eyes just...really wide and stare-y. (Yeah, I know that's not actually a word.) The whole expression and stance are on the edge and not in a cool or sexy way. I would never have answered that ad. The person IS NOT physically unattractive. Please know that is not what I am saying...at all. I am saying everything about it...the angle of the shot, the anger in the eyes, the eyes not looking at the camera, the hair slicked down and looking not clean (I'm sorry), I don't know, just everything about it looks to me like someone who might hurt me and so I would not have gone out with him, period. And I would not have answered if he'd sent me a "wink" or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships