Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 AM

7 posts, read 4,352 times

Advertisements

Hi,

So after ending my last relationship this past January, I need some advice. My story is a bit messy but I hope you guys can give me some nonjudgmental advice.

So, after I (28) broke up with my ex of four years this past January, I didn't want to date anyone. I was still in love with him and couldn't even imagine to be with another guy. I met this guy (30) in February, a friend of a friend, and he fell for me pretty quickly. I liked him a lot too, but I did not see myself falling in love with him. Not sure why- Maybe because I was still hung up on my ex, or maybe because I just thought I didn't want him. After knowing each other for a couple of weeks, we kissed one night when we were drinking. He then started to ask me out and I always turned him down, even though we always has this amazing connection. Even my friends told me that our chemistry is undeniable. Over the next few weeks, we made out sometimes again. I mean we are all in the same group of friends and hang out all the time, so it just kept happening. We never had sex though. I just didn't want to have sex, at that time I couldn't even imagine to sleep with another man than my ex. So that guy always made clear how much he liked me, but he still kept seeing other girls which was completely fine since I never even hooked up with him.

So, the last time we kissed was a couple of weeks ago. Then, a couple of weeks ago, a new guy started hanging out with our group of friends, a guy I knew from before (briefly) but who lived abroad for a couple of months. He's also a friend of that guy I'm talking about, those two met only 1.5 years ago and we're all hanging out all the time. I liked him he's smart and funny, but really not my type (unlike the other guy). Then, one evening 1.5 weeks ago, we were all together drinking at a festival and him and I suddenly lost everyone. I did not see that coming, but after we had a couple of drinks he kissed me, and suddenly it all went from there. We had sex at his place later, and also the next day, and last week as well. In total 4 times. I'm not even sure why I did it. Probably because I haven't had sex in six months, and because I did like him. I just don't see myself falling for him, even though I enjoy his company. To me, it's just fun. He on the other hand seems to start really liking me. I can tell, and he actually told a friend of mine that he does.

So, this is where my problem starts. This past weekend, we were all hanging out again and I was talking for a long time to the guy I talked about before, the guy I kissed a couple of times and who has been trying to get me ever since we met. This time, we talked about serious stuff and I realized we click on both levels, in a funny way and a serious way. It was almost like a slap in my face, when I realized- I think I have a crush on him. I was really thinking 'God, I've been liking him all this time but never really admitted it, even to myself', probably because finally I moved on from my ex and I'm ready to see someone new. These past two days I've been thinking about him a lot, and I caught myself staring at him when we were hanging out as a group yesterday. Last night we talked on WhatsApp for like two hours. He still wants me. He's really into me. But he doesn't know that I have been having sex with that other guy from our group, the guy who's also his friend. And the other guy seems into me too, and everything is a huge mess.

I honestly don't know what to do. I kinda regret that I hooked up with that one guy, since he isn't really anything more than a friend to me. I feel like an idiot. I mean, the guy I do like also hooked up with other girls since knowing me, but I mean we've never dated and those were girls I don't know. I realized I do have feelings for him, but I feel like it might be too late now because of what I did.

I know this whole story might sound childish and stupid to you guys, but I would really appreciate some good advice, I've never been in a situation like this. What would you do in my shoes? Should I just tell the guy I like that I had sex with his friend? Should I keep it to myself? Should I just give up on the whole idea of being with him since I already screwed it up? Should I just give it some time? I don't know.

Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 07:11 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Keep mouth shut and move on.

Easy.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:23 AM

189 posts, read 361,585 times
You had no commitments to each other. How do you know the first guy don't know about the second guy having sex with you. They might have a plan to see who will be the first one to break you down. It's not high school anymore. Grow up!....gator

Old 08-16-2016, 08:21 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
So what's the problem?

Old 08-16-2016, 08:54 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Pursue the kisser, don't tell him about the other guy and break up with other guy.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Pursue the kisser, don't tell him about the other guy and break up with other guy.

But the guy I like might find out that I slept with his friend since a few other friends also know, i mean we're one group of friends (around 15 people in total).

Old 08-16-2016, 09:52 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cienanos View Post
But the guy I like might find out that I slept with his friend since a few other friends also know, i mean we're one group of friends (around 15 people in total).
So what? People have sex. Sometimes it happens with people that are within similar social groups.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:00 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So what? People have sex. Sometimes it happens with people that are within similar social groups.
Yes, this.

If it bothers you so much, don't have casual sex with people in your social circle. (Didn't we all learn this in college?)

Old 08-16-2016, 10:31 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cienanos View Post
yeah, but you said he was dating other girls also ... so ....

Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 AM

Thanks. That makes me feel better. I have just never been in a situation like this. I've always had long relationships or I was just single, never hooked up a lot. I guess I'm not only scared that the guy I like won't want me anymore when he finds out about me and his friend, but also that people in our group might think I'm a ***** because of sleeping with two guys from the group (on the other hand, they've never seen me with a guy before because I didn't have sex for six months after breaking up with my ex). And I also don't wanna hurt the other guy since he's my friend and I like him a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships