Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 05:18 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times

Advertisements

It should be about respect. Did she respect your feelings? Do you respect her actions?

There are other great women out there looking for someone like you. Make yourself available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 05:32 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
If you could deal with this as a casual thing, fine, but it doesn't sound like you can.
Right now,at best, you're in a rebound situation and she is just going for something familiar and easy to help her over the hump. At worst, you're just a fill in while she figures things out with him.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:38 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean051 View Post
Yup. I figured many of you would see it this way. Can't say I disagree with ya'll. I know I'm being stubborn in wanting to get her to be with me. Working together hasn't helped the situation because everytime I see her she looks so damn good and we talk for long periods of time. We just have chemistry.

I just have to let it go and give it time. Our last outing is still recent and I'm just missing that I guess. I have to work on getting myself a girl who is not attached to anyone.

Thanks guys for the replies,
Sorry Bro!

If you cut all ties with her and she gets dumped by this guy then she will realize she screwed up.

If you sit on her porch like a puppy waiting then she never loses.

Don't be that puppy.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:19 AM

69 posts, read 40,443 times
Part of me would like to have her as a friends with benefits. Why not right? But no ... I have to be honest and admit I do have feelings for her unlike the other girls I went out with. So it's best to cut ties. If I could somehow not feel like this and just see her as someone I can have fun with I would totally answer the call whenever while still going out with other girls until I gwt into a serious relationship.

But is best to stay away.

Don't wanna be no one's backup. She had a chance to decide between me or him and she chose him. I get that she had much more time invested with him but still.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It should be about respect. Did she respect your feelings? Do you respect her actions?

There are other great women out there looking for someone like you. Make yourself available.
THIS ... I'm definitely not ok with it.

She did apologize a ton when she when back to her ex and I don't believe she is a malicious person.

But she is confused and in her confusion because of my feelings for her I will end up getting hurt or drawn deeper into this mess.

So I'm pulling the plug and putting distance between us. Its whats best.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
She had a chance to decide between me or him and she chose him. I get that she had much more time invested with him but still.
Imagine how messed up the other guy is feeling knowing that she keeps screwing around on him with you. In his mind, you are the guy she has the hots for and the guy she probably really wants.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Imagine how messed up the other guy is feeling knowing that she keeps screwing around on him with you. In his mind, you are the guy she has the hots for and the guy she probably really wants.
In my mind he has been better positioned than me. Bottomline is he shows his fvcking face and she goes back to him. She moves in with him. And Im out in the periphery. Ugh ... just writing that makes me sick. Ive been a fool.

Gotta let her go. What messes me up is regret over not making our thing serious sooner. In my mind maybe she wouldnt have gone back to him had we been official then. But no way of knowing. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered. And it certainly doesn't now anyways.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:44 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
How did I know that as soon as you said she got back w/her ex, it wouldn't work out, and she'd come running back to you, OP? Those get-back-with-the-ex things rarely work out. Some ex bounces back and wheedles someone into abandoning a good person, breaking up a good match, and for what? More often than not, it eventually falls apart.

You could send her a letter saying she'd have to make up her mind for sure if she wants to get back with you, because you can't take another heartbreak. If she's going to continue to waffle, or isn't sure for any reason, you're moving on, tell her. You could give it one last shot, but be clear about the terms.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:18 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
In my mind he has been better positioned than me. Bottomline is he shows his fvcking face and she goes back to him. She moves in with him. And Im out in the periphery. Ugh ... just writing that makes me sick. Ive been a fool.

Gotta let her go. What messes me up is regret over not making our thing serious sooner. In my mind maybe she wouldnt have gone back to him had we been official then. But no way of knowing. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered. And it certainly doesn't now anyways.
Official or not, the main point is that she would have WANTED to go back to him.

Do you really want to be with a girl who is conflicted about whether or not she wants to be with you, whether she actually goes back or not?

Old 08-17-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How did I know that as soon as you said she got back w/her ex, it wouldn't work out, and she'd come running back to you, OP? Those get-back-with-the-ex things rarely work out. Some ex bounces back and wheedles someone into abandoning a good person, breaking up a good match, and for what? More often than not, it eventually falls apart.

You could send her a letter saying she'd have to make up her mind for sure if she wants to get back with you, because you can't take another heartbreak. If she's going to continue to waffle, or isn't sure for any reason, you're moving on, tell her. You could give it one last shot, but be clear about the terms.
A female friend I have told me I should do something like you suggest. She also said I should open up and tell her how I feel. Truth is I have never said the L word to her for fear of showing vulnerability and because i think sometimes showing your hand hurts your chances.

I'm not sure what to do.

My plan was to not contact her, wait for her to text me or call me and tell her I won't be in this circle. She needs to dscide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships