Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

It is all about wanting to believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5TMYOdSUA

^ They all received THE SAME horoscope. The overwhelming majority of the class described it as accurate for their own sun sign.

I know, I know. If it's wrong it's the astrologer's fault, or some other fault. It might even be the reader's fault somehow for not being open enough or for slanting things in some way or even for missing or misinterpreting something. (I've heard it all regarding making excuses for believing in magic. We all have.)

Whose fault isn't it ever?

Astrology's.

For those who want to believe, literally any excuse will do.

Me? I find it absolutely beyond the pale that anyone could think his or her date and time and location of birth could FOREVER influence his/her "chart" in some way (horoscope or basic chart) - i.e. influence the entire rest of his or her life in a way predictable based on planets and a natural satellite.

I knew of a pair of twins who were born on the same day, same time of day (early morning) and same locale, literally, as I...as in, a few delivery doors down from me. My mother recognized their last name from somewhere in her memory bank and told me she could swear her hospital room neighbor when she delivered me had twin girls with that last name. That was quite a memory as it was eleven years prior, but I asked these girls in class the next day and indeed, they were born on my birthday and delivered at my hospital. They were the very twin baby girls my mother remembered.

Not only were these two born in the same location, same time, same date as I was very different from me, these twins born minutes apart were very different from each other.

I don't care about Jungian tie-ins, astrology isn't science; it's woo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,415,487 times
If the question is whether astrology can tell you if you'll have a good relationship, sure it can. If your prospective partner believes in it, it's a good clue that they're willing to believe in myths rather than accept reality. If that describes you too, maybe you have a future together, but for me it would be a warning to stay away.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I thought I married a Taurus but it turned out she was Cancer.
I got that. Lol

Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I thought I married a Taurus but it turned out she was Cancer.
Ba dum tss!

Old 08-20-2016, 10:18 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
There is more to it than just your sign. Natal charts, synastry charts. You need to be into astrology to understand/know how to use them.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:31 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
There is more to it than just your sign. Natal charts, synastry charts. You need to be into astrology to understand/know how to use them.
As I said, I have had my *entire* chart drawn up, and more than once, as a young person who wanted to believe. It was wrong every time except when it could have been right for anyone. For instance, we ALL feel we're too giving and blah blah. The random true "hits" were a quite small percentage, small enough really to have been guessed randomly by anyone and heavily dependant on human nature as a whole. They were roughly what one would expect from guessing.

If you went to a car mechanic, and he told you he KNEW you either needed an oil change now OR were going to need one in the future, and proclaimed that if you did not pay attention to this issue you would ultimately experience dire consequences, would you proclaim him a psychic genius and run around saying "I believe, I believe...how could he have known that about MY car?"

And that still doesn't explain the twins who should have the SAME chart, literally. Or any twins, or different people born on the same date, time and locale as I also described above.

Last edited by JerZ; 08-20-2016 at 10:41 AM..

Old 08-20-2016, 10:35 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
And I still find it to be bull****.

Just say "whoa" to woo.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
And I still find it to be bull****.

Just say "whoa" to woo.
Lol, knock it off. Its fun for some.Besides most of the characteristics of a virgo I have.

I'm sure you have many of your sign.

Old 08-20-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
As I said, I have had my *entire* chart drawn up, and more than once, as a young person who wanted to believe. It was wrong every time except when it could have been right for anyone. For instance, we ALL feel we're too giving and blah blah. The random true "hits" were a quite small percentage, small enough really to have been guessed randomly by anyone and heavily dependant on human nature as a whole. They were roughly what one would expect from guessing.

If you went to a car mechanic, and he told you he KNEW you either needed an oil change now OR were going to need one in the future, and proclaimed that if you did not pay attention to this issue you would ultimately experience dire consequences, would you proclaim him a psychic genius and run around saying "I believe, I believe...how could he have known that about MY car?"

And that still doesn't explain the twins who should have the SAME chart, literally. Or any twins, or different people born on the same date, time and locale as I also described above.

OK so if you don't like it or don't believe in it, don't use it-it's that simple.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4020 View Post
and i still find it to be bull****.

Just say "whoa" to woo.

ok.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships