Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he faking a relationship for sex?
yes 10 50.00%
no 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:52 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,445,382 times

Advertisements

It doesn't sound that bad. Maybe you're not a great match but at least he wants to be exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 05:05 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,588,609 times
Quote:
He does NOT:
Share common interests
Call me during the day
Ask about my day
Ask about my interests
Focus or listen when I talk about me
Take me on actual dates
Want to watch movies I like
Want to go places/do things only I like
What about you? Do you d any of those things for him?

IDK he sounds like a pretty decent guy to me.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
He is into the relationship as much as he can be. The cons you listed are just him. You have to decide if the cons are ok for you in a relationship because that's probably all you are going to get.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
He's into it. This is what he considers to be a relationship. Are you good with that?

Old 08-20-2016, 01:26 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,019 times
What are you contributing to the relationship? Do you think your efforts exceeds his?

Old 08-20-2016, 08:36 AM

11 posts, read 7,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
What about you? Do you d any of those things for him?
Yes on all of these. And yes I think my efforts outweigh his on an emotional level. Some responses on here are absolutely brilliant, some responses are defensive as though I am complaining about something. I'm merely stating facts objectively to get an objective answer to my question. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the things he does do, and I especially appreciate them because like one person stated, I never set any expectations...I didn't ask for anything. I wanted to date this person and see them for who they really were, not change someone and make demands.

My takeaway is that the defensive people on this thread think this guy is going above & beyond because they are similar to him, they show love through these similar actions or prefer to receive love this way, and may think I'm high maintenance, needy or take it for granted. But some people need to receive love in a more direct emotional way, like me. Doesn't make one better than the other, they're just different and perhaps not compatible with each other.

Many of you said he's not faking, this is just who he is and I think you're right. I've got to decide if I can live with it long term. I really appreciate ALL of the responses on here, you all have given me AMAZING advice and perspective.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:41 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
The best way to find if a guy is into you is to NOT have sex with him until you have been going out with him for awhile. But women these days share their bodies way too quickly and then come on to forums asking "does he just want me for the sex". I truly feel the majority of men will never turn down sex no matter how they feel about the woman.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:51 AM

11 posts, read 7,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The best way to find if a guy is into you is to NOT have sex with him until you have been going out with him for awhile. But women these days share their bodies way too quickly and then come on to forums asking "does he just want me for the sex". I truly feel the majority of men will never turn down sex no matter how they feel about the woman.
I completely agree with this statement but it's off point in relation to my situation since I wasn't looking for a relationship up front.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:26 AM

352 posts, read 234,040 times
I'd venture to say he is legit ........probably just a horrible listener. Many people have to actively work on their listening skills because it doesn't come naturally to them.

All of your pros and cons are subjective.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:39 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I think he should be on here asking whether or not to dump you...
LOL, I was thinking the same.

It was HER who initiated the casual sex. Now they are BF/GF, but it is still not enough for her.
Is she expecting a marriage proposal or what? It is her who is using sex to get into a marriage, not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships