Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:56 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
You need special glasses like in 'They Live', right?
Damn you! I made the mistake of reading this post while out to dinner and with some soda in my mouth!

It was random and just seemed funny to me.

I do remember this movie. I was a HUGE wrestling fan as a kid and I used to always look through the TV guide. Believe it or not, I taught myself how to read by looking at TV guide's. And I remember seeing a movie in there with Roddy Piper credited as a star. So when it came on, I turned it on and watched it. I barely remember what it was about though. It appears that the movie came out in 1988, so this must have been 1989 (seemed like it could have been 86) when I saw this movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 09:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ExTla3Upk3N26Q This movie is similar to what you are saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
That's Roddy Piper (R.I.P.) from the cult classic 'They Live'. I'm guessing you haven't seen it and therefore didn't get the reference but commented anyway.

Here: Let me google that for you
No I have not seen it, but it looks like my type of movie.
Love alien movies.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No, they don't. But some like to have toy-boys...
For sure. I remember when I was 23 (It was only 3 years ago lol) but I hit on a woman who had to be at least like 40. When I told her my age I was rejected for being young enough to be her son.

Old 08-21-2016, 01:34 AM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ExTla3Upk3N26Q This movie is similar to what you are saying.

No I have not seen it, but it looks like my type of movie.
Love alien movies.
It's not really an alien movie, more an allegory commentary about society and class encapsulated within an alien movie. More relevant than ever before really, with the increasing gap created by income inequality. Carpenter is a bit of a modern Huxley in that respect, IMO. Modern throwback at him is well deserved so far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, back to O.P.'s fetishes. I hope he finds what's best for him. I sincerely mean that.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:43 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Poseidon on the Beach sounds fun.
I've never met anyone at Poseidon. It's not that friendly a place. Mostly middle-aged married guys wearing gold chains around their necks trying to pick up beautiful young single women.

My girlfriend when I was 22-23 was 31-32. I had no particular strategy for meeting older women, though. We just kind of wound up together. She was a lot of fun, but we had a stormy affair and I moved on (and hopefully she did too) to marriage and a much better relationship.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:51 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
That's not my motivation. I want a woman who is emotionally and intellectually mature.
Assuming you are the same, how do you tell?

What's your definition of emotionally and intellectually mature?

Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
The first and only significantly older woman I was with, I find to be a little insecure and intimidated by being with me, when we first got together.

She liked me and didn't try to act like she didn't, but she was a little apprehensive at first. I remember her saying "I'm an old woman" and stuff like that. She had a few visible gray hairs on the sides, which you could only see up close. And after she first came over after I asked her out, I remember her hiding them and she kept messing with the sides of her hair.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:20 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
An important and excellent question. This might sound lame, but for starters my personality. Unlike most men my age, I am not a partier. I am laid-back yet focused on being successful, I'm loyal, and have been told I'm a great listener. Secondly, my values - I'm old school. I believe in treating a lady like a lady. I am not just looking for sex. Third of all, I'd say that I am a great companion because I really don't care if I'm with a significant other out for dinner or drinks, at the movies, at a museum, or at home. I just want to enjoy someone's company and for them to enjoy mine.

Now, here is the challenge. I'm not financially secure; I am going to grad school and work part-time. I live at home though I do have my own car.
You like the idea of dating an older woman, but its obvious, you never had dated older women. There's women your age that are laid back, don't party, and have old school values yada yada; don't believe you're so unique.

Hey man, let me tell you something: older woman (28-35) are quite demanding, and don't believe for a min an older woman makes her automatically more mature.

You're better off dating women around your age, imo. But its your life; do as you want, date who you want.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Sex. Some young men think women that much older will be easier to get into bed over younger women their own age.
Yes and even worse when you get much older. Then added to that is we're lonely and desperate and nobody else wants us so can be flattered into anything.I spent a few massages disabusing a 20 year old about this, who contacted me last week
The unfortunate part is that, like in everything, there are just enough women like that to keep the perception alive.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
I was talking to a really cute 21 year old on Tinder. Then he said that he's returning to college (not local) this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships