Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:18 AM

5 posts, read 6,568 times

Advertisements

Just ask any politely.. but have a follow up. But not too pushy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 09:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
It's not really an alien movie, more an allegory commentary about society and class encapsulated within an alien movie. More relevant than ever before really, with the increasing gap created by income inequality. Carpenter is a bit of a modern Huxley in that respect, IMO. Modern throwback at him is well deserved so far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, back to O.P.'s fetishes. I hope he finds what's best for him. I sincerely mean that.
Very interesting. The op just needs a mature date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I've never met anyone at Poseidon. It's not that friendly a place. Mostly middle-aged married guys wearing gold chains around their necks trying to pick up beautiful young single women.

My girlfriend when I was 22-23 was 31-32. I had no particular strategy for meeting older women, though. We just kind of wound up together. She was a lot of fun, but we had a stormy affair and I moved on (and hopefully she did too) to marriage and a much better relationship.
So a bunch of ballers.lol You are attracted to what you are attracted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
The first and only significantly older woman I was with, I find to be a little insecure and intimidated by being with me, when we first got together.

She liked me and didn't try to act like she didn't, but she was a little apprehensive at first. I remember her saying "I'm an old woman" and stuff like that. She had a few visible gray hairs on the sides, which you could only see up close. And after she first came over after I asked her out, I remember her hiding them and she kept messing with the sides of her hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You like the idea of dating an older woman, but its obvious, you never had dated older women. There's women your age that are laid back, don't party, and have old school values yada yada; don't believe you're so unique.

Hey man, let me tell you something: older woman (28-35) are quite demanding, and don't believe for a min an older woman makes her automatically more mature.

You're better off dating women around your age, imo. But its your life; do as you want, date who you want.
Yes many of us old farts are still getting our ***** together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I was talking to a really cute 21 year old on Tinder. Then he said that he's returning to college (not local) this month.
Oh heck no.....too much of a baby.
I have this 22 year old hit on me at the mechanic shop.Was my student, and I constantly think you are only 8 yrs older than my son!

Old 08-21-2016, 12:07 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
So I'm 23 years old. I have been single for roughly 3 years now. I have discovered over a period of time that I like women who are older. I generally consider 20-35 to be my range, but I really prefer 28-35. I find older women to be more mature (obviously) and I like that on an emotional and intellectual level. I also find older women more attractive.

Question: how do I go about meeting older women and am I crazy for trying?
Can't beat an older woman especially for a young bloke your age........ They will eat you alive! LMAO

How do you meet them?... Simple the bar scene rarely fails for me ... As long as you know how to approach and can hold a normal conversation with charm and wit thrown in? You're laughing

Older women are harder to pull for most people for the simple fact that they have heard every single chat up line, seen all types of blokes and LOVE a bloke that can hold his own with exchanging wit and flirting....

Personally I'm with you 100000% and I love the older woman

Old 08-21-2016, 07:23 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Well, I am married, so off the market; but if I were IN the market, for the record I adore younger men..... my "sweet spot" are guys from 30 - 45 or so. For some reason, this age group seems to be attracted to me as well. I'm in my 60's going on my 30's. Many years ago my BFF and I used to say "give us a young buck anyday"! But not acting on anything, I have a good husband so staying true. He is a little younger than me, hehe........

Old 08-21-2016, 07:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Lol........awkward.....

Old 08-22-2016, 08:26 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh heck no.....too much of a baby.
I have this 22 year old hit on me at the mechanic shop.Was my student, and I constantly think you are only 8 yrs older than my son!
He's so cute though. I'm like, "Sweetie, I'm sure there are lots of girls at your school who would be interested in you." Not that he knows exactly how old I am since my age isn't on Tinder, but I did tell him that I graduated from college a long time ago. lol

Old 08-22-2016, 08:57 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
He's so cute though. I'm like, "Sweetie, I'm sure there are lots of girls at your school who would be interested in you." Not that he knows exactly how old I am since my age isn't on Tinder, but I did tell him that I graduated from college a long time ago. lol
My guess is he figures you are trying to flirt with him with that sort of talk and that you're exciting him because he's expecting you to be the average grateful sex starved cougar who will buy him drinks and gifts and then wear him out, just like the commercials promise.

The old urban legend about the older woman who will "teach" the younger guy while he lies there doing nothing, and who "doesn't need to be wooed" (i.e. the younger guy doesn't need to spend any money on a date - because old women are past all that baloney and silliness - OR have a personality), are alive and well.

Tell him the whole virgin thing and see if he keeps hanging around.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My guess is he figures you are trying to flirt with him with that sort of talk and that you're exciting him because he's expecting you to be the average grateful sex starved cougar who will buy him drinks and gifts and then wear him out, just like the commercials promise.

The old urban legend about the older woman who will "teach" the younger guy while he lies there doing nothing, and who "doesn't need to be wooed" (i.e. the younger guy doesn't need to spend any money OR have a personality), are alive and well.
Once again, he doesn't know how old I am and I don't look my age, so I don't think he's thinking that at all.

Quote:
Tell him the whole virgin thing and see if he keeps hanging around.
I was the one who chose to stop seeing all the guys who I told about it.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
An important and excellent question. This might sound lame, but for starters my personality. Unlike most men my age, I am not a partier. I am laid-back yet focused on being successful, I'm loyal, and have been told I'm a great listener. Secondly, my values - I'm old school. I believe in treating a lady like a lady. I am not just looking for sex. Third of all, I'd say that I am a great companion because I really don't care if I'm with a significant other out for dinner or drinks, at the movies, at a museum, or at home. I just want to enjoy someone's company and for them to enjoy mine.

Now, here is the challenge. I'm not financially secure; I am going to grad school and work part-time. I live at home though I do have my own car.
I think you should look for other grad school students who are a bit older than you. That's the pool where you might have the best luck dating.

If you were your age, done with college, in a career job, had your own place, etc... with the attributes you mentioned, you'd have no problem finding women in the late twenties, maybe even early thirties.

It's the "Lives with mom and dad and has no real job" thing that is likely holding you back more than numerical age and/or personality.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:15 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Once again, he doesn't know how old I am and I don't look my age, so I don't think he's thinking that at all.

I was the one who chose to stop seeing all the guys who I told about it.
He knows and if he didn't before, the whole "sweetie" speech clinched it.

Everyone thinks they don't look their age.

Let him in on the virgin thing, see if he sticks around. Prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships