Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 05:27 PM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Same guy in the 2 top pix. He's Puerto Rican. May be mixed. If you are familiar with the Saw movies, he was Xavier in the second film where everyone's trapped in the gas house. He's a body builder. So I am sure he did work like heck to get that look.

And yes. Any kind of toned or muscular body takes a TON of effort, then you have to keep up the effort to maintain the look. I am working on getting back in shape myself. Exercise is the easy part, and I enjoy feeling like I really worked out. It's the dieting that's hard lol, least for me. Made even harder by the fact that working out can make you hungry lol
Clean diet is by far the hardest part. Lifting, playing hockey, mountain biking, vinyassa, that's the fun part. Not eating like an animal, at least on the weekends, is where it gets tough for me. But in the end, the discipline is worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 05:45 PM

352 posts, read 234,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Cut all the grain out of your diet for two months (including bread, pasta, etc.) and see what happens to that belly fat.

Spot on.

I'm older.....and that is the only thing that works when I'm able to maintain it. Doesn't matter how much climbing I'm doing on my rides etc.....cutting the grains is the common denominator.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:07 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This is a typical attitude displayed by women who have not taken care of themselves physically. Women who work out and have fit and athletic bodies, have an appreciation for men who have done the same. Most men who are physically well-developed are naturally interested in fit women. So the two types are separated into those who are strong, physically impressive and healthy and the others who are not but wish they were. This latter segment tries to make up for it with a pretense that they are turned-off by good musculature. Physical slackness is a modern aberration. In pre-historical times those not in top physical shape would have been caught and eaten by something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I'm pretty sure even those in tip top physical shape also got eaten
Maybe those who were smart enough to keep themselves in good physical shape, outwitted the beasts with their intelligence. Cost-wise, physical fitness is the best bargain of all. If hard exercise and a good diet were incorporated like a business, it would have the best investment-to-dividends ratio on the market.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:18 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
Spot on.

I'm older.....and that is the only thing that works when I'm able to maintain it. Doesn't matter how much climbing I'm doing on my rides etc.....cutting the grains is the common denominator.
I can eat anything I want to maintain my weight.

Anything within a certain calorie range per week and depending on level of activity.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:42 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
As you said "young". They are both what seems to run around here - farm work cowboys. And they do not change much later on. Tall, lanky, muscled and know the words thank you and m'am. Short Wrangler Boys.

I need to move where YOU are. I love me a tall, lanky cowboy type.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
I am just curious if women (preferably 26 yrs+ to answer) if you truly find Men attractive that are

-shredded/toned/ripped (whatever you call it) showing abs, chest etc (average body builder physique type)
-or the skinny but chiseled/defined skinny body
-or the typical dad bod

For this case, we will say personality and career choices does not matter. We ALL know personality is a game changer!

just wondering, if, to wife's and GFs, if a 6 pack ab on your husband would really be a positive and really a look changer! if so, which body type preferably!

Hopefully this is an interesting topic starter!!
yes.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:47 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
Well, if we're just talking about body type and no personality or any other qualities, I guess I'd say that I prefer a generally fit, but not bodybuilder, type of body. Not too skinny, not too fat, and not too muscular.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:25 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Just don't be fat is all I would ask. I'm skinny fat so it's not like I can demand super fit, toned, muscles etc. I do love and appreciate muscles on men and women. It takes a lot of hard work especially for women.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:35 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Just don't be fat is all I would ask. I'm skinny fat so it's not like I can demand super fit, toned, muscles etc. I do love and appreciate muscles on men and women. It takes a lot of hard work especially for women.
Skinny fat??? LMAO

What's that.... Slim with a bit of meat?

Old 08-28-2016, 08:20 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
I like six packs abs very sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships