Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ok OP, what do you do that's physical? Sports? Gym? Running/hiking? How many times a week?

Do you eat healthy?
I take walks since I don't currently have a car. But that's it lol

No I dont really eat healthy. I like junk food and anything with CHEESE
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 02:39 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
In short, we want a hot tight body It's really that simple

And.... we like to be active with the ladies also as it fits our lifestyle. Gives the two something in common to do together.
Haha well I hope the door doesnt hit me on my way out lol

Old 08-22-2016, 02:40 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
43 and dead from a heart attack is scary stuff. I have a friend that is 47 and she just had a massive heart attack several weeks ago. It scared me enough to go get my heart looked at and unfortunately I've got hypertension. Sucks but it looks like I caught it soon enough before it hopefully doesn't get worse.
Lost a friend to same at 47 and he was physically fit. Both massive and died instantly.

Friends husband mid 40s, the dude paddles, like on a team, he paddles the Molokai Channel!!! He died of a heart attack.

Guy at husband's work, 46, just passed the FBI's physical fitness program. Died instantly running track.

We are at that age, and it sucks. On the other hand my mother is a chain smoker with emphysema, who stayed liquored-up for about a decade. She'll be 71 and is doing pretty well considering.

Go figure.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-22-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I take walks since I don't currently have a car. But that's it lol

No I dont really eat healthy. I like junk food and anything with CHEESE

Then your answer is "no" to all the different ways the guys write it.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:47 PM

52,226 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Lost a friend to same at 47 and he was physically fit. Both massive and died instantly.

Friends husband mid 40s, the dude paddles, like on a team, he paddles the Molokai Channel!!! He died of a heart attack.

Guy at husband's work, 46, just passed the FBI's physical fitness program. Died instantly running track.

We are at that age, and it sucks. On the other hand my mother is a chain smoker with emphysema, who stayed liquored-up for about a decade. She'll be 71 and is doing pretty well considering.

Go figure.

Yeah... I think genes and dumb luck are definitely factors for sure. LOL @ "staying liquored up" I'm of the variety that I wanna take basic care of myself, but I'm not gonna be a total and complete health nut just so I can possibly maybe live a few more years longer. I wonder how much that really plays into longevity. I mean you hear stories all the time like you mentioned and then you have guys like Mrs. Chow's dad who died a year or two ago and he was 90. Drank like it was a profession sport his whole life, never really paid all that much attention to his diet and made it to 90. I don't wanna live that damn long. LOL. I've always said if I could hit 79 or 80 we'll say it was a good run. I enjoy wine and steaks too much to give them up completely just to be more "healthy" LOL, screw that noise. Lemmy from Motorhead made it 70 and he lived the total rock star life.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default Decoding ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I have been looking threw some online dating sites lately and I notice that in a lot of them that say stuff like, "I am really into health and fitness" "nothing is sexier then a girl who takes care of herself/cares about her health and fitness" "looking for someone who can keep up with my active life style" "Want someone who takes care of herself and is healthy".

By that do they mean someone who exercises and what does it mean when a profile mentions wanting someone who is healthy or "takes care of them self"? Like I guess I take care of myself but Im not really a healthy eater lol. I have chips for breakfast sometimes... But I don't know what they mean by healthy. Do they want girls who eat certain junk foods to just not respond? For the most part I am healthy but I just don't get what they mean.

I am just asking because SO many profiles say this! Lol.
In my opinion it is an indirect way of saying they wont date anyone who is over weight or might one day become over weight. They are placing looks very high on their list.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default ...

Quote:

Go figure.
I love meeting people that do everything they are not suppose to be healthy and out live everyone lol. I have had a lot of patients that are in their 90s lived threw wars, are heavy drinkers, chain smokers, dont eat balance diets, dont exercise and are still with it, living on their own, driving their own cars and are strong (walking .. dont look fraile). Talk about giving science an "in your face" lol.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:15 PM

352 posts, read 234,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
They are placing looks very high on their list.
Perfectly normal for 99.9% of most men. Love it or hate it....the visual is waaaay up there if not first in line.

The solution, IMO, is to take a look at the OLD profiler's photos, and decide if your physique somewhat matches or is similar to the poster's (as far as proportions). Start from there and sort out all the fine print about cheese and swimsuit looks later on......

Old 08-22-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
In my opinion it is an indirect way of saying they wont date anyone who is over weight or might one day become over weight. They are placing looks very high on their list.
Perhaps, but I have a lot of doubts on that. First, placing attraction high on the list is not a bad thing. Second, people who are active don't have a lot in common with couch potatoes. Maybe the guy's last GF was content to stay in the house all weekend and binge watch Netflix, while he wanted to go surf or hike? Does anyone really want an overweight spouse? A lot of people let themselves go when they are with someone, and being active prevents that.

Being active is high on my list of traits for an SO. I do things and want a partner in that, I travel and do things (zipline, hike, jet ski, etc.).

Old 08-22-2016, 04:22 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,885,931 times
IMHO it means they spend a LOT of time working out and their previous SO used to complain about it. So they are looking for someone who will work out WITH them. good luck with that, I don't know many women who like to put in that kind of time.

Really nothing more annoying than a fitness nut who spends 3 hours a day pumping iron. But Cycling is the worst. Those guys ride ALL DAY LONG. I've never met a cyclist who could focus on a relationship. They need their eyes front, and I need a guy who can look to the side while making conversation.

I think sometimes introverted guys use this as a way of distancing themselves from having to connect socially or emotionally.

Funny thing is, this is what happened to my Brother in Law. His WIFE started obsessively working out for hours each day, training for a triathalon, leaving him and their son on their own. Eventually she cheated on him with her personal trainer. It wasn't just an excuse...she really did become a triathlete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships