Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 04:02 PM

23,154 posts, read 26,057,468 times

Advertisements

Just come right out and tell her you aren't looking for an internet buddy and unless she is willing to make definite plans to see you, good luck and good bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 04:05 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,635,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Nothing lame or wrong with calling someone out on their crude...unless you hate confrontation.

If you really don't feel like she cares, them yes ignore. Communication goes a long way, however.

I agree with this. I had a friend with non-romantic interest whose action reminds me of the girl in the OP's description. She would hit me up out of nowhere and we would have good conversations. However, it's been 3 years since I saw her and I tried to get her out. She kept on saying that she would like to see me but there's always something in the way. Also, she only lives 15 miles from me, IF THAT. So I tried one last time and she gave me the common excuses. So I gave her a piece of my mind and stopped talking to her. IMO, there's no point for me to get used. I'm better than that.

OP, don't let people use you. It makes me sick on how many people get used on this forum and they allow it. If I were you, I would call her out on it and then leave her alone. If you only ignore people without confrontation, you might develop some resentment and trust issues down the line.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:27 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well...if you feel you're not getting anything out of the association, not even friendship that is valuable to you, and if you feel used, I don't see any reason to answer. Just ignore, but not pointedly or angrily or stompily (I know that's not a word) or anything; just don't put much stock in her texts. If she asks to go out, tell her "maybe some time" or if she asks you for an actual date/time tell her you're busy, and let the association die from neglect.

I'm not advocating being coy or passive-aggressive or anything, I just think taking some big stance will make you look and feel foolish. She's not taking much stock in you so don't take much stock in her. Let her fade away. She's not losing out on anything and neither are you.
I agree with this. What's the point of calling her out or making a big deal out of it? You guys aren't really dating, you're not really anything. I would just let things fade out. No one is ever too busy to see someone they're interested in. If someone is constantly busy or full of excuses for why they can't see you, then they're just not that interested. A lot of people are way too cowardly to tell the other person they aren't interested and you have to take the hint on your own, but that's the way it is.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:07 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,569,399 times
I agree with jerz. If you call her out she'll just dismiss it as you 'being a psycho' or whatever.

I'd keep saying things like "Yeah, maybe we'll grab dinner this weekend." and then brush her off when the weekend comes. I might even make specific plans and then break them last minute for my own hateful entertainment.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 AM

P.S. Pulling away like you don't care might even drive her a bit crazy, make her try harder to get your attention, and then you tap, tap, tap dat azz.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:12 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,914,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Just come right out and tell her you aren't looking for an internet buddy and unless she is willing to make definite plans to see you, good luck and good bye.
This says it best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
P.S. Pulling away like you don't care might even drive her a bit crazy, make her try harder to get your attention, and then you tap, tap, tap dat azz.
This also.

Let her contact you. In the meantime, ask some other girls out. There's nothing wrong with dating multiple women at the same time. A lot of people will scoff at this suggestion or argue that it's ''Not right'' but as long as you aren't in a committed relationship and as long as you're not exclusive with someone, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 AM

102,062 posts, read 106,967,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
This says it best.

This also.

Let her contact you..
he's already done that. She contacted him and said she misses talking to him and asked why she hasn't heard from him. That's what brought him to us; he's wondering how to respond, or whether to respond at all.

IMO all he has to do is respond that she's never available to talk to him in person, so--the end. It's over.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
he's already done that. She contacted him and said she misses talking to him and asked why she hasn't heard from him. That's what brought him to us; he's wondering how to respond, or whether to respond at all.

IMO all he has to do is respond that she's never available to talk to him in person, so--the end. It's over.
Absolutely.

I can't tell you how much of a pet peeve this is to me, I must mention it every other day on here, because it seems we have a thread every other day where this is a topic and the situation that one seems to be in.

I have gotten rude and snotty with girls that have only wanted to text and never wanted to see me or talk to me in person. Or even the one's who would see me in person, but had time (as in HOURS) to text me on a certain night, but no time to actually be seeing in person for those hours. Of course there are exceptions, like family commitments or whatever. So maybe you are unavailable to see me during these times, but should you really be texting me for 5 or 6 hours during this time?

And I don't even think that I was acting rude or snotty, they were the ones who got offended that I didn't wanna text for hours, when they didn't wanna see me in person for hours. I told one girl that I don't wanna hear from her by text for ANY reason, unless it's to contact me to make plans about getting together. She told me I was being childish. I didn't really care what she thought, when she had hours upon hours to be chit chatting with me through text however many nights per week, yet we could only see each other once per week or once every other week.

So yes, absolutely respond that since she can't talk to you in person, it's over.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why bother tho'? If he says anything even slightly critical, her defense goes up and she responds by saying "Whatever, never really liked you, bye."

And then what? A lame, angry, back and forth over a relationship that never was?

Old 08-26-2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Why bother tho'? If he says anything even slightly critical, her defense goes up and she responds by saying "Whatever, never really liked you, bye."

And then what? A lame, angry, back and forth over a relationship that never was?
If she does that, don't respond back to her BS.

It's her frickin loss.

No need for the back and forth after that. He can even block her number, if he'd like to. I've personally never had to do that, but I wouldn't hesitate if pushed.

If I like a girl, I'm not gonna be her therapist. I'd rather just let her go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships