Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 06:28 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I live in a small town and the answer is no. Women are just as mean, cruel, nice, loyal, sweet as the women who live in larger cities. There's just way less to do here other than sex and drugs.
Honey did you forget about drinking, church and football?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 07:48 AM

531 posts, read 384,006 times
Loyal? No.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:42 AM

641 posts, read 405,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Loyal? No.
Women (at least non-married women) are likely to be as loyal as their options. Big city women will likely have more options. It doesn't mean they're more or less loyal intrinsically.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:45 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Nope. "Some" makes it a qualifying statement (e.g., less generalized). Using "some" does not make it a "sweeping generalization," which would look more like "small towns are all about gossip. . ." which would be a categorical statement.

To the underlined, are you positive about that?
Okay. Did you miss the part where he said "generally?!?!" Do you think anyone actually means literally every single person in s small town in a clone who is exactly alike? He said generally.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:56 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Okay. Did you miss the part where he said "generally?!?!"
No. I responded to his question already. My response to you was about your claim that R4T was making sweeping generalizations when she wasn't. I didn't address the OP at all in that post. Just your claim about a statement she made that wasn't a generalization.

Quote:
Do you think anyone actually means literally every single person in s small town in a clone who is exactly alike? He said generally.
See above.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:00 PM

531 posts, read 384,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Women (at least non-married women) are likely to be as loyal as their options. Big city women will likely have more options. It doesn't mean they're more or less loyal intrinsically.

Oh I know, I just dont know many loyal people.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:18 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
No. I responded to his question already. My response to you was about your claim that R4T was making sweeping generalizations when she wasn't. I didn't address the OP at all in that post. Just your claim about a statement she made that wasn't a generalization.

See above.
R4t is s big girl and can respond to challenges of her own hypocritical posts. I know she wasn't generalizing. But she is accusing others of generalizing when they are not.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I was born and raised in NYC so no, I don't think so.

It sounds like YOU think this is true though, OP. Why is that? Is this more MGTOW-speak, the "evils" of "big city women"?
Judging by the video he posted, I'd say this is a stealth MGTOW thread. Their vids that get posted here are always laughably cartoonish.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
So you just said you can't generalize but then you generalized by saying " Some small towns are all about gossip, cliquishness, and some amount of back-stabbing."

And there is nothing wrong with sweeping generalizations. People are just saying "in general". Not saying that absolutely everyone is like that.
No, I didn't generalize; to the contrary, I was careful not to. Do you understand the meaning of the word "some"? It would appear not.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:35 PM

971 posts, read 688,204 times
This is a great question. I live on the PA/MD line about 45 mins out of Baltimore and 90 mins out of DC. I have dated "mountain women" out of the Appalachians, women from Balt/DC and Northern VA. I find the NOVA women to be some of the sweetest for some reason as far as attitude, personality and demeanor. I have found the Balt/DC women to be guarded and always seeming to be "looking for someone better" and just harder to deal with. Just my opinion. I get along the best with the mountain women of the Appalachians only because they are more interested in what I like to do....ATV's, dirt bikes, boats, snowmobiles etc. They don't try to drag me to wine tastings and art festivals.

I have only ever had one GF cheat on me and she was from Baltimore, the city. It had nothing to do with where she was from, more who she was, how she was and what she was looking for. Add alcohol and man and the gloves were off.

Anyone can be a cheater. I don't think geography has much to do with it as much as opportunity and how you were raised, morals and values. I know women who would never think of cheating and others who make a habit of it. Some women just like men are always on the make and looking for something better.

I would settle for a little country girl who knows she has a catch and can be satisfied making a life with one guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships