Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:26 PM

220 posts, read 174,524 times

Advertisements

(I'm 23 btw if that matters). So today the girl I've been seeing for two months told me she cheated. We were exclusive, as she asked me to be about a month ago. On a related note I feel like I always get the cheaters; as this is my third time being on the other side of infidelity .

I really liked this girl and she had started to mean a lot to me. We have a lot in common and really started gaining a connection.

The beginning of this week she tells me that she has a friend visiting from back home. I was skeptical and nervous about this because I knew it was a guy and I knew they used to have a thing several years ago. She said they were just friends and had this tripped planned for several months and that he would sleep in a different room. It was a positive sign that she gave me the heads up and wanted to let me know. I gave the okay because I put trust in her that they were just friends.

Long story short he left and this morning she told me that they hooked up. She also still really likes me and deeply regrets it.

I'm here giving her enough trust to let a guy friend visit for a couple days and end up feeling betrayed . I didn't like the situation from the start but knew there was nothing I could do and didn't want to be controlling.

We're meeting up to talk later tonight. I still like her, but am obviously mad and hurt. I'm wondering what I should do?

I see a few options:

A. Leave her, I deserve someone more faithful..

B. Take her back with a few conditions.

C. Seperate but keep communication open and see what happens after some time has gone by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 06:32 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Well she told you, that is certainly a good sign. Try something novel. Take her back and don't mention it again. Sure it hurts, but no reason to demand penance or court sympathy with her just take her back knowing she admitted what she did and don't discuss it. You are both young and unmarried, **** happens.

If your ever in that situation again just say that infidelity = over.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:35 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
You can do what makes the most sense and feels the best to you. In your situation, I would most likely be done with the relationship. Sure, mistakes happen, but you've only been together 2 months and she wanted to go exclusive and she's already cheated. You deserve better.

Whatever you decide to do, a "cool off" period might be a good thing. You're not emotionally in a place where your relationship can continue status quo right now.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:36 PM

352 posts, read 233,970 times
Option A. IMO.

She failed the trust test and if you let her back in she'll play ya like a violin.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Well she told you, that is certainly a good sign. Try something novel. Take her back and don't mention it again. Sure it hurts, but no reason to demand penance or court sympathy with her just take her back knowing she admitted what she did and don't discuss it. You are both young and unmarried, **** happens.

If your ever in that situation again just say that infidelity = over.
That's kind of what I was thinking. The fact that she told me almost right away and that she sent him back means something. She might of cheated, but she isn't a liar.

No question she made the wrong choice. But I can understand if she's confused. She told me that they had a confusing past and that she ****ed up. She told him about me after it happened. I'd be more angry knowing it was some guy who lived in our area. The fact that he lives hundreds of miles away would make it easier to forgive considering he's out of the picture.

Were meeting up in a couple of hours. I'll update this thread with the results.

Agreed though, If I do take her back I'm going to make it very clear. Another slip up and I'm gone with the wind.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
You can do what makes the most sense and feels the best to you. In your situation, I would most likely be done with the relationship. Sure, mistakes happen, but you've only been together 2 months and she wanted to go exclusive and she's already cheated. You deserve better.

Whatever you decide to do, a "cool off" period might be a good thing. You're not emotionally in a place where your relationship can continue status quo right now.
Normally I would agree with this, my friends tell me to leave her. But my feelings, although hurt, tell me to give it a shot.

A cool off period is happening either way, I'm leaving the country for a week in a couple of days anyways.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:48 PM

352 posts, read 233,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
She told him about me after it happened. d.
Looks like she's playing you both like a violin.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:53 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
I'm harsh - I go by the 1 strike rule.

1 time and ..... YERRRRRRRRRRRR Out!

Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
You need to look at potential reasons why you are drawn to people who do not respect you. Getting cheated on appears to be a pattern, and you have to look at why you're the common denominator, here.

For me, cheating is it. Trust is gone, it's not coming back. Others may not have a black and white stance on it, but I do. Once trust is broken in that way, there's just no point, what's gone is gone.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm leaving soon to hear her out.

I'm not going to make a final decision right now, I want to hear what she has to say. It's going to have to be pretty good though. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships