U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 2,768 times

Advertisements

I have been involved with a man I am still in love with for about 7 months. About a month ago he became distant when I was angry with him for hitting up other women online. He is busy his friend says. I text this man I love and he says he has priorities. Most of his shared online messages are short and this goes for other people as well, who ask him why he is not around lately where we often see him. I removed him from my Facebook. I blocked him and his friend today. This lover was always weird. We slept together quickly. Beyond that he seemed to care for a while and was telling me he loved me and I was his queen.

Than he started treating me like a stranger after I told him not to hit up everyone but me with sexy comments. He ignores me unless he want money or something else. I know I will see him from time to time at the place I go to. I do not want to leave this place. It is for my well being. This man has always has time to tell one specific female friend how great and beautiful she looks. I never got one beautiful comment online from him. This woman looks no better than me but she is what he denies he always goes for a Latina with long hair and a nice smile. She is younger looking too.

This woman he wants has a whorish look like a few others he lusts for. This guy often told me he likes freaky women. I wish he would hook up with his long term female friend already and show his evil half, so this tough looking female my exlover wants can let her angry side out lol.. This guy walked out on his ex when she became emotional returned a few times and walked out again. Than he blocked her, and moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 10:11 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,854,149 times
OP:

From what I read there was no relationship with you and this guy.

He used you.

So how was he your love?

Old 08-27-2016, 10:18 AM

14,967 posts, read 8,536,771 times
Move on, he ain't worth it girl.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:23 AM

300 posts, read 506,394 times
It was a good start to block him online. The main thing is to just refocus on other areas of your life, like your friends, hobbies, family, job, etc. If you run into him at the place that you frequent, just be formally polite and continue to focus on your friends or other activities.

It doesn't really matter who he hooks up with next, because you are done with him. It would be best not to talk to friends about him or ask what is going on with his life.

There are two ways to rip off a Band-Aid: quickly and painfully, or slowly and painfully.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:35 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,707,564 times
Same guy from this thread?

How do I let my Gemini crush go?

Move on already!

Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM

1,480 posts, read 838,111 times
Move on. Focus your energy elsewhere. He's not going to change.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:11 AM

9,865 posts, read 8,003,412 times
I don't mean to sound crass, but seeing other guys is one answer.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:29 AM

30,881 posts, read 24,210,085 times
move on.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:37 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Im sorry he did this to you..........

Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 PM

1,829 posts, read 3,662,286 times
You CAN move on, but you'll need to refocus your attention. After he got what he wanted from you, his true colors came out and you saw the real him. You were in love with a fantasy, it's time to take your love back (actually he doesn't want it, so there really is no 'taking back'- keep it for you) and move on. Even if you find yourself acknowledging the past, don't dwell. Give yourself a few minutes then step back into the present, into reality. As long as you don't hold on to the false memory this guy provided, you will move on.

One thing (out of many) that I learned in love was to reserve my loving feelings for a man who was my boyfriend. Not someone who says he wanted to be, will be one day, acts like he is going to be, etc. Save your love for someone who has proven themselves, don't fall for potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships