U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:57 PM

762 posts, read 367,629 times

Advertisements

Every month or so, Match.com throws these $5 happy hour events at bars in many cities. I've gone to a few of them. I've gotten a couple of dates out of them, but ultimately it was just a way to get out of the house and meet others (men and women) for just conversation and drinks.

At the last event I exchanged numbers with a girl I sat next to at the bar who I could see myself having as a friend (I'm female btw, I just removed my photo). We spoke to a few guys at the bar but they just seemed like your typical douchey guys who are a dime a dozen. Next thing I know a guy takes a seat next to me and we start talking. Super nice guy, seems old fashioned, engineer (I somehow always end up with engineers and architects), and was a good listener. I commented on how polite and well mannered he was and he said he's Canadian and that most are like that lol. I mainly went out that night because I needed to get out and had the blues (family dog was basically dying). I knew not to talk in details about the situation but he kept asking me questions about it and seemed genuinely interested. My lady friend jokingly acted like my wing woman and said to him "Did you ask her for her number yet!?" and just as we were about to exchange information, his friend who he came with interrupted. My friend was about to go so just went with her and told the guy to just message me on Match.com and that we could talk more. I didn't think he would actually message me since most guys I've met are all talk.

To my surprise, he messaged me the very next morning and we exchanged a few messages. It was kind of all small talk to me honest. I ended up leaving it giving him my number and said I'm hardly on the website so if ever he wants to go out that he should call me.

I hope I hear from him again. He seemed like a great guy. Even his profile is great. He put a lot of effort into it lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 01:51 PM

5,213 posts, read 1,892,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
...Next thing I know a guy takes a seat next to me and we start talking. Super nice guy, seems old fashioned, engineer (I somehow always end up with engineers and architects), and was a good listener. I commented on how polite and well mannered he was and he said he's Canadian and that most are like that lol. I mainly went out that night because I needed to get out and had the blues (family dog was basically dying). I knew not to talk in details about the situation but he kept asking me questions about it and seemed genuinely interested.
I never knew there were so many engineers w/Harley's til I started OLD.
And Ya agreed, Canadians are polite, ay?
Good luck

Old 08-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I never knew there were so many engineers w/Harley's til I started OLD.
And Ya agreed, Canadians are polite, ay?
Good luck
I heard him say "out" a couple of times and tried not to laugh

Old 08-27-2016, 02:07 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,821,147 times
Wait a minute. What about that neighbor guy you had the hots for? Didn't you ever leave him a note?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Wait a minute. What about that neighbor guy you had the hots for? Didn't you ever leave him a note?
I still live here. I'm chicken and decided not to do it. He now seems to be leaving a lot at night and coming back an hour or 2 later. He's probably having sex with a hot girl.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:17 PM

5,345 posts, read 4,446,345 times
Your friend couldn't wait for 30 seconds so you could give him your number?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Your friend couldn't wait for 30 seconds so you could give him your number?
His friend started a conversation with him and mine was about to go. I guess I could have waited until his friend left but I figured nothing would have happened anyway.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:16 PM

17,868 posts, read 16,623,671 times
Hope you like hairy chests and log cabins.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:42 PM

2,231 posts, read 2,928,586 times
I'd consider going gay for a Canadian just so we could talk hockey.

Good luck!

Old 08-27-2016, 04:52 PM

3,447 posts, read 2,511,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I'd consider going gay for a Canadian just so we could talk hockey.

Good luck!
Every time I meet any Canadian I am excited to talk hockey.

Good luck, OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or