Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:40 PM

22 posts, read 11,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yeah I found that almost immediately after posting lol but this has turned into some good advice for my current situation but I definitely read through that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM

Again...impatient..lol I really need to work on that.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattatstrophe View Post
Again...impatient..lol I really need to work on that.
Well I can't wait now either to see who texts who first! LMAO

COME ON LOVE!!!! Have a heart it's 02:46am here and I'm in desperate need for some " beauty " sleep! ... lol

Old 08-28-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well I can't wait now either to see who texts who first! LMAO

COME ON LOVE!!!! Have a heart it's 02:46am here and I'm in desperate need for some " beauty " sleep! ... lol
Well I called, he answered and we talked. He's helping me out with my car tomorrow (he owns a body shop and i'd been complaining about some work that needed to be done) so I'll see him in the evening. I guess i have no choice but to just be chill. Dating is such a pain.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well I called, he answered and we talked. He's helping me out with my car tomorrow (he owns a body shop and i'd been complaining about some work that needed to be done) so I'll see him in the evening. I guess i have no choice but to just be chill. Dating is such a pain.
Ohhhh

And there you have it ...... Looking good

Old 08-29-2016, 08:43 PM

So just in case you were wondering, the evening went well. I was a little nervous at first but I ended up going to meet him, he initiated getting the work done on my car and invited me out for dinner after my car was done at the shop. He even invited another couple (close friends of his) that happened to be at the shop at the same time. The awkwardness I felt at first faded away, we had a great dinner & at the end of the night he walked me back to my car, kissed me goodnight and told me to give him a call when I got home safe *which I did*. I'm trying my hardest to take it day by day.... how in the world do you all do this? Dating is nerve wracking!

And at the same time that I wonder about his exclusiveness, is it okay for ME to consider still talking with guys? I mean I still do have a Tinder.....lol

Old 08-31-2016, 02:52 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
It's always hard when you're first dating someone you really like because you want to know if there is potential so you don't waste your time, but you don't want to appear needy or over eager and scare them away. I think you can find a balance between the two. It sucks to put yourself out there and ask where things stand, but in my experience sometimes it is better that way. Versus just seeing how things go, ending up really liking the person, and then a month or two later realizing they were seeing other people and never had any serious intentions with you. I'd rather know up front.

You don't have to ask if he's your boyfriend, or what he sees for your future, but I think it's more than reasonable to ask if he still wants to see other people. I personally find it distasteful to be sleeping with more than one person at a time and I wouldn't want the person I was being intimate with to sleep someone else one night and then me the next and then someone else the day after that. If you want to only see each other and see how things go then I don't see that as being needy at all. I would want to know.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
It's always hard when you're first dating someone you really like because you want to know if there is potential so you don't waste your time, but you don't want to appear needy or over eager and scare them away. I think you can find a balance between the two. It sucks to put yourself out there and ask where things stand, but in my experience sometimes it is better that way. Versus just seeing how things go, ending up really liking the person, and then a month or two later realizing they were seeing other people and never had any serious intentions with you. I'd rather know up front.

You don't have to ask if he's your boyfriend, or what he sees for your future, but I think it's more than reasonable to ask if he still wants to see other people. I personally find it distasteful to be sleeping with more than one person at a time and I wouldn't want the person I was being intimate with to sleep someone else one night and then me the next and then someone else the day after that. If you want to only see each other and see how things go then I don't see that as being needy at all. I would want to know.
RE the bolded.... I agree and thats the problem that many have IMO

People may worry about looking too eager and coming across as needy but in doing so and by " playing it cool "... It infact has the opposite effect and appears they are not actually that interested to the person they are after.

Personally I think you HAVE to look keen and enthusiastic as that's what makes them feel wanted and special but naturally there's a huge difference between being keen and over keen.... Same as there is with being confident and over confident etc.

So I agree that finding the right balance between the two is essential

Old 08-31-2016, 03:11 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Just a general question, I'm sure it's been discussed several times on here but I was wondering everyone's opinions on hooking up early? As in, dating someone, going out three or four times and then having sex. I know everyone talks of "time lines" and there's a lot of negative feedback on hooking up early but does everyone feel like it's a bad idea?
If you wanted to have sex at some point and you were concerned about how it would be perceived and you have sex at that point and the guy sees you differntly as a result, haven't you discovered that he's kind of an a-hole? And isn't that good to know?

So by having sex "early" if that's what you really want aren't you only risking the loss of a possible relationship with a guy who thinks you having sex with him makes you unworthy?

Old 08-31-2016, 03:19 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Do it when you feel comfortable... If the person leaves or "ghosts" you.. better to know earlier than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships