Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:47 PM

22 posts, read 11,923 times

Advertisements

Just a general question, I'm sure it's been discussed several times on here but I was wondering everyone's opinions on hooking up early? As in, dating someone, going out three or four times and then having sex. I know everyone talks of "time lines" and there's a lot of negative feedback on hooking up early but does everyone feel like it's a bad idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 06:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kattatstrophe View Post
Just a general question, I'm sure it's been discussed several times on here but I was wondering everyone's opinions on hooking up early? As in, dating someone, going out three or four times and then having sex. I know everyone talks of "time lines" and there's a lot of negative feedback on hooking up early but does everyone feel like it's a bad idea?
Timelines are the biggest load of bollox there is IMO as everyone is different, and people that live by them are up against it from day one looking for someone that shares the same view

If you like someone enough why wait? .... And no I certainly don't believe in keeping them waiting! LMAO

Why go you ask? And welcome to the forum

Old 08-28-2016, 07:00 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
If you scroll further down the page, you will see a recent thread discussing this very issue.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:04 PM

Thank you! I ask because I recently decided to take it to that level with a new beau of mine, we'd only met two weeks ago but had some amazing chemistry since day one. We spent a weekend together the first time we met simply because I was visiting my friend and her husband had invited him (they definitely had to have planned that). After that we went to a small music concert, then to dinner a few days later, then to another music event Friday. After all of that closeness we couldn't hold it together anymore and went for it. I've had bad experiences in the past where I've put my guard down (I'm a very sexual person) and been burned. Despite that though, when we both felt the connection it was just inevitable. I think we both also had been a little sexually frustrated lately which didn't help. Or did it? Haha!

Old 08-28-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If you scroll further down the page, you will see a recent thread discussing this very issue.
Similar Threads
We need help hooking up our TV system!!, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, 10 replies
Help Question about hooking up city water, Florida, 1 replies
Who here knows about hooking up to utilities when building a home?, Rural and Small Town Living, 49 replies
Hooking up equipment for home theatre, Consumer Electronics, 2 replies

Hooking up TVs and plumbing might be the answer..... As both are quite complicated for some

Old 08-28-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattatstrophe View Post
Thank you! I ask because I recently decided to take it to that level with a new beau of mine, we'd only met two weeks ago but had some amazing chemistry since day one. We spent a weekend together the first time we met simply because I was visiting my friend and her husband had invited him (they definitely had to have planned that). After that we went to a small music concert, then to dinner a few days later, then to another music event Friday. After all of that closeness we couldn't hold it together anymore and went for it. I've had bad experiences in the past where I've put my guard down (I'm a very sexual person) and been burned. Despite that though, when we both felt the connection it was just inevitable. I think we both also had been a little sexually frustrated lately which didn't help. Or did it? Haha!
Either way I bet it's the best news HE has had in a while! LOL

No but seriously if YOU feel good and happy with it then that's all that matters.... If someone or anyone has a problem with it then that's their problem and most certainly not yours ( or his ).

Old 08-28-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post