Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 12:52 AM

72 posts, read 39,282 times

Advertisements

Guy seems interested in me, but my text has gone unanswered for more then 1/2 day. This is after he initiated a good morning text. I know he had work today, but he has time to post to facebook and like some of my posts. He isn't hiding that he isn't busy. I don't expect a guy to text me all the time. Interested or no? He always texts me good night/morning and we have video chatted quite a few times, we have expressed interest in each other. I am planning on going MIA on him the exact same way to see what he says. When we 1st started messaging online, he did the same thing and I took it as not interested. His texting style has pretty much been consistent and there were a few times w/lots of hours in between answers. I want to video chat again w/him, but I plan on backing off communication to see if he is interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 01:30 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehmehmeh2014 View Post
I am planning on going MIA on him the exact same way to see what he says.
Yes, childish games are an excellent foundation for a potential relationship.

Quote:
When we 1st started messaging online, he did the same thing and I took it as not interested.
Sometimes there's no easy way to say "Duh!"

Old 08-31-2016, 01:35 AM

But after the initial messaging back and forth, he gave me his # and we started skyping.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:53 AM

102 posts, read 73,228 times
Quote:
Guy seems interested in me, but my text has gone unanswered for more then 1/2 day. This is after he initiated a good morning text. I know he had work today, but he has time to post to facebook and like some of my posts. He isn't hiding that he isn't busy. I don't expect a guy to text me all the time. Interested or no? He always texts me good night/morning and we have video chatted quite a few times, we have expressed interest in each other. I am planning on going MIA on him the exact same way to see what he says. When we 1st started messaging online, he did the same thing and I took it as not interested. His texting style has pretty much been consistent and there were a few times w/lots of hours in between answers. I want to video chat again w/him, but I plan on backing off communication to see if he is interested.
You're the catch cupcake, act like it. If he isn't interested in what's on the menu, let him go eat somewhere else.

There's a strange aspect in human attraction:we often want what we dont have... and take for granted that which we do have.

Treat and carry yourself as a person of value, character and quality, and usually others soon take notice.

Good luck.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:55 AM

Sigh...I worried for nothing, apparently my phone delayed the response from him and I received a text (sent a lot earlier) very late. He prob thought I was ignoring him.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:04 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
So this is the guy you plan on flying out to see? Now do you see how bad of a move that would be. Save your money.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:10 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Quote:
Sigh...I worried for nothing, apparently my phone delayed the response from him and I received a text (sent a lot earlier) very late. He prob thought I was ignoring him.
This is one of the hazards of communicating by text. Electronic devices are not infallible. And some people get themselves so worked up over a perceived slight, begin plotting their response strategy, etc. Texting and social media have ruined dating.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Yes, childish games are an excellent foundation for a potential relationship.

Sometimes there's no easy way to say "Duh!"
I could not have said it better.

You know his pattern of messages so why do you feel you need validation as to his interest in you?

Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 AM

86 posts, read 82,700 times
If someone is at work, half a day is not a big deal. Sometimes texting works that way. If you want to chat in real time send a prompt, are you busy? Can you talk now?

You sound very needy and egotistic. Playing games won't win you any hearts in love, long term anyway.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
STOP. RELYING. ON. TEXT MESSAGES.

They don't really mean anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships