Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 04:03 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
that's cause they can.

now, whether they are the type of sexual partners they want is a different story...but they can get sexual partners with the snap of a finger if they really wanted to.
Plenty possibly can, but there are so excited women who are simply not desirable to different types of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
that's cause they can.

now, whether they are the type of sexual partners they want is a different story...but they can get sexual partners with the snap of a finger if they really wanted to.
Ok, but if it's someone who we would never really want anyway, it's not much better than not being able to get anyone.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I've been single for more than twice as long as you have. So why aren't you so much better at coping with being single than men are? That's what I read here all the flippin' time at least.

I mean being single sucks when you don't want to be single, or you aren't getting certain needs met, physical or emotional. But you probably won't die from it. I think men have though? Probably both sexes have died in this way, I maybe remembering this being worse for men or something.

Ramble ramble ramble.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:10 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've been single for more than twice as long as you have. So why aren't you so much better at coping with being single than men are? That's what I read here all the flippin' time at least.

I mean being single sucks when you don't want to be single, or you aren't getting certain needs met, physical or emotional. But you probably won't die from it. I think men have though? Probably both sexes have died in this way, I maybe remembering this being worse for men or something.

Ramble ramble ramble.
Aww, Froggie! Nice to see you around, btw. I'm one of the guilty parties, for having posted once (or twice ) that generally speaking (there are always exceptions) women tend to deal with it better than men. I admit it. But the OP's situation is a little different. She was used to getting a fair amt. of attention from guys, she says, then suddenly, after some bad experiences on OLD, I take it, suddenly--nada. So she's bewildered, and doesn't know how to take it, except as a massive global rejection. IDK, maybe she's been moping around since her last big disappointment, and people are picking up on that vibe. Maybe she hasn't been her previous, vibrant self, for 3 years. We could speculate. But for whatever reason, this is the new normal for her.

So, how are you doing, Froggers? Same old, same old? Best wishes. Give yourself a vacation to someplace nice. Someplace with nice ladies.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:24 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Yes, it is weird going around smiling at people, without any reason? Especially at men. One could not do this in NYC, no way!
This is why the city sucks

Really you don't have women flirt with you? That generally includes a look in the eyes and smile.

Just a natural smile not one that is fake or forced, and not to every person that walks by.

I have a little cutie that smiles at me at work a good bit. I think it's adorable. Not creepy at all. Very beautiful and graceful actually.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:24 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But the OP's situation is a little different. She was used to getting a fair amt. of attention from guys, she says, then suddenly, after some bad experiences on OLD, I take it, suddenly--nada. So she's bewildered, and doesn't know how to take it, except as a massive global rejection. IDK, maybe she's been moping around since her last big disappointment, and people are picking up on that vibe. Maybe she hasn't been her previous, vibrant self, for 3 years. We could speculate. But for whatever reason, this is the new normal for her.
This is exactly how I feel. It's as though being 'invisible' has been my new 'normal'.

Back in the day, I had no problem attracting men. My friends would be shocked at how much attention I got because they thought it was above average/normal attention a woman would get. I never thought much of it, until it stopped completely.

The only people who dare to hit on me are teenagers (13-18) and old wealthy men (which is creepy). There's clearly no in-between.

Granted, I look younger than I actually am and I'm petite, but I've had this feature all my life. I get starred at by men/guys when I walk down the street, but that's about it. I sometimes wonder if they're starring simply because they think something is off with my face ha.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 253 times
Hey. I'd probably go on a date with you.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:32 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
3 years single isn't really that long.

The OP will be fine overall.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:45 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,807 times
A happy ending update would be nice to hear...

Old 06-18-2018, 06:51 PM

1,630 posts, read 2,359,516 times
I've been single forever - multiple failed attempts at pursuing relationships

Dont give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships