Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 PM

7 posts, read 4,592 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that more and more women are spending so much time on their phones these days, and it gets worse by the month. It seems that they're losing the ability to engage with people around them, and I've even noticed this on dates, as well as observing women on dates with other people.

The guy is trying to have a conversation with her, but she's constantly clutching her phone anticipating the next update or whatever. If she didn't want to go on a date with the guy, I mean if she preferred to spend an evening with her beloved phone instead, she should have said so instead of wasting someone else's time.

It's gotten so bad that I've even seen women cross the road while checking their phone. Even mothers with prams, they've got one hand on the pram while they're immersed in their phone.

And now, they're even walking around with headphones, so now they're almost completely oblivious to their surroundings. I saw a girl walking down the street the other day and a guy tried to get her attention, but she didn't even see him.

Just last week I was having drinks with a few of the boys and some female friends, and the girls were on their phones about 80% of the time. I saw guys trying to chat with them but their phones were way more engaging. Even we had a hard time talking to them.

Smartphone use has reached such ridiculous levels that women are making themselves almost completely unapproachable. This is not a gender neutral thing, it is most definitely a female thing. I've seen it way too many times for there to be any doubt about that.

Women, get off those damn phones, and engage with the world around you.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:42 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Guys do the same thing too. So... At restaurants and bars, I've observed guys are just as bad as women about being glued to the their smartphone

Old 08-31-2016, 03:43 PM

7 posts, read 4,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Guys do the same thing too. So... At restaurants and bars, I've observed guys are just as bad as women about being glued to the their smartphone
Nope, nowhere near as bad as women. There's no comparison.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Yeah right, like guys don't do this also.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:46 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneria View Post
I've noticed that more and more women are spending so much time on their phones these days, and it gets worse by the month. It seems that they're losing the ability to engage with people around them, and I've even noticed this on dates, as well as observing women on dates with other people.

The guy is trying to have a conversation with her, but she's constantly clutching her phone anticipating the next update or whatever. If she didn't want to go on a date with the guy, I mean if she preferred to spend an evening with her beloved phone instead, she should have said so instead of wasting someone else's time.

It's gotten so bad that I've even seen women cross the road while checking their phone. Even mothers with prams, they've got one hand on the pram while they're immersed in their phone.

And now, they're even walking around with headphones, so now they're almost completely oblivious to their surroundings. I saw a girl walking down the street the other day and a guy tried to get her attention, but she didn't even see him.

Just last week I was having drinks with a few of the boys and some female friends, and the girls were on their phones about 80% of the time. I saw guys trying to chat with them but their phones were way more engaging. Even we had a hard time talking to them.

Smartphone use has reached such ridiculous levels that women are making themselves almost completely unapproachable. This is not a gender neutral thing, it is most definitely a female thing. I've seen it way too many times for there to be any doubt about that.

You are just fooling yourself by saying that.
Men are just as bad.
BOTH need to put down the phone.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:47 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Believe it or not, not all women want to "engage" with every random man who talks to her.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:48 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
Quote:
This is not a gender neutral thing, it is most definitely a female thing.
That's complete and utter BS.

Quote:
I've seen it way too many times for there to be any doubt about that.
Maybe you're just selectively noticing it. Maybe if you stopped looking for something collectively negative to find about women you'd notice just how much men do this too. My husband can't sit a watch a single TV show without checking his phone periodically.

Quote:
How about I'll get off my phone when you get over yourself.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Yes there is. Look around more.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:49 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
Quote:
Maybe they're just doing it as a way to avoid engaging with YOU because you're obviously so misogynistic, why would any woman want to?

Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
That's because some people are just too stupid to exist without their phones. They rely on them. They can't think, make decision, find way or direction. They have to share every moment of their pathetic life with everyone who cares or not.
Why would you even bother to date those people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships