Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 01:37 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,945,273 times

Advertisements

OK, guess you have the inside videotape of the joint vs someone who was there and had interacted with her twice. She poured drinks for me twice, and I grabbed her arm another time thinking she was a waitress who did drinks with customers but she couldn't due to having to be at the bar at all times except when she was the only one there. But you have your view that's fine.

It's not a big place. This is not the Hong Kong bar in Tijuana size of a club.

Anyway, no more replies needed. I have read many times everywhere. If you need to ask for advice from a dating forum whether someone has interest it's pretty much game over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 08:08 AM

51 posts, read 53,052 times
First mistake you made was giving your number and not getting hers. Next time, get a woman's number.

Second, if she is interested in you, you would hear from her by the end of the next day.

Last edited by moogsy; 09-02-2016 at 08:27 AM..

Old 09-02-2016, 08:16 AM

226 posts, read 198,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I gave my phone number to a young lady around 1030pm. As I type it's 533pm the next day. If someone has interest when would you think they would send a text saying yeah let's get some coffee. IMO it's game over since it's been more than 12 hours no response. Your thoughts?
Half a day? 12 hours? If this is all you are thinking about, then 12 hours does seem like an eternity. Give it a couple of days. There's some unspoken 2 day rule, isn't there? Guys take that long quite often.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:25 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
"From the moment I first met you, I knew I would give you a wrong number."

Old 09-02-2016, 09:22 AM

678 posts, read 875,686 times
I've gotten a number from a girl and then 2 weeks later she texts. She was my girlfriend for 4 months.

During that time, there was also a second girl who texted 4 days later who was obviously interested.

I'd say if you are impatient, why not just text them and say "hey blah blah it was great meeting you the other day, want to grab coffee? When are you free?'

Old 09-02-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
I've gotten a number from a girl and then 2 weeks later she texts. She was my girlfriend for 4 months.

During that time, there was also a second girl who texted 4 days later who was obviously interested.

I'd say if you are impatient, why not just text them and say "hey blah blah it was great meeting you the other day, want to grab coffee? When are you free?'
I don't have her number!

Old 09-02-2016, 09:48 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
OK, guess you have the inside videotape of the joint vs someone who was there and had interacted with her twice. She poured drinks for me twice, and I grabbed her arm another time thinking she was a waitress who did drinks with customers but she couldn't due to having to be at the bar at all times except when she was the only one there. But you have your view that's fine.

It's not a big place. This is not the Hong Kong bar in Tijuana size of a club.

Anyway, no more replies needed. I have read many times everywhere. If you need to ask for advice from a dating forum whether someone has interest it's pretty much game over.
Why did you need to grab her arm? And what part is confusing to you that you were a patron at the bar and she was at work? This is not a simple matter of giving your number to a random woman you just met.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacui View Post
Forget my last reply... OP completely forget about this whole ordeal. She doesn't even know who you are....
She probably never even got your number. Either she or the bartender you handed it to threw it away immediately. Having served you a couple of drinks isn't a meaningful experience on her end.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:49 AM

I feel bad about that I am not going to get a response, but I did the role. Guy goes 1st than faces the tough part of rejection. Its how it should be imo. Not the other way around of course.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:09 AM

678 posts, read 875,686 times
Quote:
I feel bad about that I am not going to get a response, but I did the role. Guy goes 1st than faces the tough part of rejection. Its how it should be imo. Not the other way around of course.
You don't just give your number out, you have to get theirs too. That puts you in control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships