Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:28 AM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times

Advertisements

This is funny because it's true and it's one of the most popular topics on this board.

Quote:
SAN JOSE, CA—Noting how lucky she was to have finally found the one she was meant to be with forever, local woman Julie Winters told reporters Tuesday she was relieved that her true soulmate also happened to have the same socioeconomic status as she does. “From the moment I met David, I knew we were kindred spirits who were destined to be together, and it’s just such a relief that his income mirrors mine so well,” said Winters, adding that she breathed much easier upon realizing the person she had been waiting for her whole life was also a white-collar professional earning approximately $75,000 per year. “It’s also reassuring to know there really aren’t any glaring gaps in educational background between me and the only man I could ever love. I’m such a lucky girl!” Winters went on to say she was especially relieved that the one person she could ever imagine growing old with was the same race she was.
Woman Relieved Soulmate Turned Out To Be In Same Socioeconomic Bracket - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 08:58 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
You realize that was posted in the Onion, right? And that it was satire, right?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
This is funny because it's true
Nah.
What is funny is that you believe The Onion is a source of truth.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:04 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
LOL...

Love The Onion... best source of "quality news".

Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
Haha, I was reading that before I looked at the link and said to myself "that looks like an article from the Onion!"

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
I think this guy posts on this board: Man Hates It When Other Guys Treat His Girlfriend With Respect - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Quote:
COLUMBUS, OH—Calling it a “major problem” that happens far too often, local man Tyler Harris, 26, told reporters Wednesday that he absolutely hates it when other guys come up to his girlfriend and treat her with respect. “All these dudes think they can just walk right up to Amanda and start speaking to her like she’s a fellow human being and I’m not gonna notice? They better back off,” said Harris, who added that anyone who’s considering asking her about her unique personal interests and desires or assumes she has opinions of her own should definitely think twice before trying anything. “What do they think they’re doing by attentively listening to what she has to say and considering her thoughts and feelings when interacting with her? She’s mine, and nobody talks to her like that—not if I have anything to do with it.”

Old 09-02-2016, 09:32 AM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You realize that was posted in the Onion, right? And that it was satire, right?
That's the point. The article is a mockery of how we choose our partners. If it wasn't somewhat accurate it wouldn't be relevant.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:32 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
That's the point. The article is a mockery of how we choose our partners. If it wasn't somewhat accurate it wouldn't be relevant.
Yeahbutt, choosing our partners in this manner is not such a bad idea.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
OP, anyone can see that the story makes no sense, and that it's a spoof, even without knowing it's from the Onion.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:28 PM

594 posts, read 379,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yeahbutt, choosing our partners in this manner is not such a bad idea.
What I get a kick out of is the girls on OLD that are in a lower income bracket than what they expect their matches to be. Sends the message "well, I'm poor, so my match needs to have lots of money to take care of me." Yeah, I don't think so, not unless you look like Maria Sharpova.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships