Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 07:00 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Gentlemen: I'm not sure about your agenda (and I don't really care), but why go into such a tizzy just because you're not in a relationship, or married? Take the time to enjoy life!
For most men, this is not good advice. For most men, with each passing year there are fewer women they'd like to date that are available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 07:32 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
For most men, this is not good advice. For most men, with each passing year there are fewer women they'd like to date that are available.
I disagree. With each passing year women are: a) getting divorced; b) getting out of relationships - regardless if she breaks up with her guy or he with her. I've known plenty of women in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s in such status. They say 50 is the new 40, 40 the new 30, etc. To some point, I believe this.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:02 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times
Quote:
I disagree. With each passing year women are: a) getting divorced; b) getting out of relationships - regardless if she breaks up with her guy or he with her. I've known plenty of women in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s in such status. They say 50 is the new 40, 40 the new 30, etc. To some point, I believe this.
Even if it were true that more desirable women become available after the age of 30 (and obviously that isn't true ...), that doesn't mean the average guy has more options. By age 30 most guys are uglier than when they were 20, have developed addictions or other mental disorders, have less confidence, etc.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:03 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Even if it were true that more desirable women become available after the age of 30 (and obviously that isn't true ...), that doesn't mean the average guy has more options. By age 30 most guys are uglier than when they were 20, have developed addictions or other mental disorders, have less confidence, etc.
I'm 25, and I'm better looking and more confident than I ever was at 20. Haven't developed any addictins either..

Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Eh, it isn't fair to assume all divorced women are damaged goods.
This! Many a divorcee is no longer married for a variety of reasons. The ex cheated on her; The ex has substance abuse problems; Incompatibility....the list goes on.
Give her the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise!

Old 09-05-2016, 08:17 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,004 times
Quote:
This! Many a divorcee is no longer married for a variety of reasons. The ex cheated on her; The ex has substance abuse problems; Incompatibility....the list goes on.
Give her the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise!
Yep. I filed for divorce because my husband didn't do, well, anything in our relationship. It was the hardest decision I've made in my life, and it took me almost a year to make the decision, but it was the right thing to do. I - and anyone in my situation - deserved better. I'm a better, more settled and confident woman at this point in my life, and my approach to dating this time around is so much more laid back and enjoyable than when I was in my 20s. The type of man I'm looking for has changed, too, as I have a clearer idea of the type of man that is *actually* good for me rather than the type that society tells women are good for us.

And...I am actually in better shape now, and more beautiful if I'm to believe what all the men and friends/family are telling me, than I was in my late 20s.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:50 PM

352 posts, read 234,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Yep. I filed for divorce because my husband didn't do, well, anything in our relationship. It was the hardest decision I've made in my life, and it took me almost a year to make the decision, but it was the right thing to do. I - and anyone in my situation - deserved better. I'm a better, more settled and confident woman at this point in my life, and my approach to dating this time around is so much more laid back and enjoyable than when I was in my 20s. The type of man I'm looking for has changed, too, as I have a clearer idea of the type of man that is *actually* good for me rather than the type that society tells women are good for us.

And...I am actually in better shape now, and more beautiful if I'm to believe what all the men and friends/family are telling me, than I was in my late 20s.

I think I've heard of gals like you.

That said, I had to explain to some guy on here a coupla weeks ago, that his penis actually won't fall off when he hits age 40. So, your above quote may fall on a few deaf ears for this group (?)

Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 PM

102 posts, read 73,247 times
Divorce affects both spouses, including their views on relationships and anyone who suggests otherwise is full of it.

I've been divorced now 5yrs, have had 2 girlfriends since, and now just casually date. I've had a few separated/ divorced single moms express an interest in connecting more with me, but I wasn't interested in general. Before I got married to my ex, I was once engaged to a hot single mom so I know whats up. I just think I'm happier casually dating and having a peaceful life as a divorced bachelor. But next week, I'm going to have a hot cute single girl friend move in as a roomie since she needed help relocating. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 PM

48 posts, read 38,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by periklees View Post
Divorce affects both spouses, including their views on relationships and anyone who suggests otherwise is full of it.

I've been divorced now 5yrs, have had 2 girlfriends since, and now just casually date. I've had a couple separated/ divorced single moms express an interest in connecting more with me, but I wasn't interested in general. I just think I'm happier casually dating and having a peaceful life as a divorced bachelor. But next week, I'm going to have a hot cute single girl friend move in as a roomie since she needed help relocating. Gonna be interesting to say the least.
Personally, I wouldn't get remarried if I ever got divorced.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by periklees View Post

I've been divorced now 5yrs, have had 2 girlfriends since, and now just casually date. I've had a couple separated/ divorced single moms express an interest in connecting more with me, but I wasn't interested in general. I just think I'm happier casually dating and having a peaceful life as a divorced bachelor. But next week, I'm going to have a hot cute single girl friend move in as a roomie since she needed help relocating. Gonna be interesting to say the least.
Again, you can't couple every single divorcee into this category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships