Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 01:23 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

I've heard of all kinds of female gold digger stories from guys but I've rarely ever heard of male gold diggers.

Here's a recent story told by a relative that her friend met a guy at work and they got together and soon they living together. Her friend is single and over 40 with her own little apt, she make a decent living as a receiptionist in a warehouse. The guy she got together is some warehouse worker very athletic build in his early 30s. Right there, I can pretty much guess what's in store.

After 3 months or so, she got pregnant and was really looking forward to being a mother and her mother is so excited that she helped them buy a $7000 used SUV.

Fast forward another 3 months, I met the woman along with my relative at a holiday party. She was so excited sporting a small baby bump. Her man also came along, I didn't think the guy was great or bad just an average dude that works in the warehouse.

Then I was just told recently that she suffered a miscarriage early this year and they broke up. And the guy took the money her mother gave them to find a bigger place together and the SUV.

I was perplexed how things went down, well she found out he was cheating on her while pregnant and that probably led to the miscarriage. Then because she trusted him so much, she didn't bother to protect herself from letting him take the money and the newly bought SUV.

Pretty rotten guy to take advantage of a woman like that and not return the money and the SUV. I hope this is a lesson for her too, you should never trust any guy that you met in such a short time period unless you get married 1st and have claims.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:46 AM

599 posts, read 693,257 times
It's horrible, but it was a blessing in disguise that she had a miscarriage, their relationship would have not worked out anyway, and he wouldn't have been a supportive dad, probably be a deadbeat dad. That's pain and struggling for 18 years, she got off with a good ending. I hope she got good people in her life to help her to not make this mistake again

Old 09-04-2016, 07:49 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
If there is gold in them thar hills...may as well dig for it...better a woman have her own money than persecute you for not having enough.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:49 AM

641 posts, read 405,546 times
Sounds like a total douche rather than a gold digger. If he was a gold digger he'd have married her and divorced her for her money.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:41 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Really? I've been warned for many years about older men wanting a "nurse with a purse". She knew I was dating after my divorce and said I should never tell a new man I owned my own house!

Old 09-04-2016, 09:58 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I don't know if this was gold-digging - I think probably this "accidental" (oh, whoops) pregnancy was something he definitely didn't want and as soon as it was gone, he cut and run.

I'm not saying that's right, and I really feel for your friend...I am so very sorry...it's hard to lose a baby, I know.

But I don't think this constitutes deliberate gold-digging...how would he have orchestrated both this "surprise" pregnancy to spring on his girlfriend, plus orchestrate that her mother would give them gifts because of it? That doesn't make sense.

Again, so sorry for this loss.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:05 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Really? I've been warned for many years about older men wanting a "nurse with a purse". She knew I was dating after my divorce and said I should never tell a new man I owned my own house!
I've heard of this but I honestly can't think of as single such scenario that I know of IRL.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:04 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I was a young widow and was warned that some guys target that because there is usually a large life insurance payout.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-04-2016, 11:10 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was a young widow and was warned that some guys target that because there is usually a large life insurance payout.
Yeah that's a shame.... Male gold diggers are about..

But luckily I would think it would be easy to spot if they had money on the mind or not so would be easy to avoid

Old 09-04-2016, 11:12 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah that's a shame.... Male gold diggers are about..

But luckily I would think it would be easy to spot if they had money on the mind or not so would be easy to avoid
I waited two years to date. I wanted to make my head and my heart had their [bleep] together.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-11-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships