Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 11:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Sorry, don't believe it. The only way a "very attractive" guy would hardly get any swipes would be if his photos are unflattering or offensive or he wrote something that was unflattering or offensive. I can't speak to the reshuffling process because I've deleted and recreated my account many times and that gives you a fresh start as far as I know.
...or if his profile is never circulated because Tinder doesn't circulate non-premium guys once they've been on for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 11:21 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
...or if his profile is never circulated because Tinder doesn't circulate non-premium guys once they've been on for a year.
So delete your Tinder profile every month and start over again. I've seen many of the same guys several times and I doubt it's because they're premium members. Or you could buy a membership. But hey, there's really no point if men swipe right on everyone and women swipe right on no one.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:33 PM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
I'm super confused, so please enlighten me.

As a female, I don't swipe right on many men, only on ones I would actually be interested in talking to for potential dating purposes. This would seem like sort of a Duh thing, because why else would one swipe right? But apparently, that's not the case for guys.

This past week, I matched with 8 guys. One I matched with the last time I was on a year ago (he never spoke to me then, and this time, he closed the match within a few hours without speaking as well). I do prefer that the man take the lead and message first, but after a day or so with no messages, I decided to go ahead and message 4 of the remaining 7. (I didn't message all of them because I anticipated actually talking to some of them, and I don't like talking to more than 2 at a time.) Two of them didn't reply at all, one replied once, then I replied back, and then he closed out the match. The last remaining guy and I sent a couple of messages back and forth about how we knew our one mutual friend, and then he dropped off of communication.

What exactly is the point of swiping right on someone if you don't actually intend on talking to someone? Is it just a numbers game to see how many girls think you're cute? Do you not really want to date, but are passing time in boredom? WHAT IS IT?!?
This: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-much-success/

"low match rates — the average guy’s is just .6 percent"

And mine is far below that. It's just not worth vetting the candidates pre-swiping. The level of rejection is not just super depressing, it's mathematically cumbersome. Since it's extremely low reward, guys like me don't want to waste the time. If women were more responsive, guys' collective behavior would likely change.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:22 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
This: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-much-success/

"low match rates — the average guy’s is just .6 percent"

And mine is far below that. It's just not worth vetting the candidates pre-swiping. The level of rejection is not just super depressing, it's mathematically cumbersome. Since it's extremely low reward, guys like me don't want to waste the time. If women were more responsive, guys' collective behavior would likely change.
It's not even worth swiping, if getting a match is your objective. Guys are visual. The guys I know just like looking at pics of women. That's entertainment in itself. Getting a return match is not even a concern.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's not even worth swiping, if getting a match is your objective. Guys are visual. The guys I know just like looking at pics of women. That's entertainment in itself. Getting a return match is not even a concern.
Yeah, I think I'm done with it for now. Not that I would discourage others from checking it out if they want to. I did meet at least one seemingly decent guy on there this year.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:17 PM

15 posts, read 12,064 times
If OP isn't getting conversations even though men have very few matches, she needs better pictures and to delete any written profile. (As SLS said, words can only wreck your chances, they won't make it.)
I've played around on Tinder a few times and, as the odds would suggest, most matches I chose had already swiped right on me, and most men did write to me.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:21 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Here's why:

1. Many guys literally swipe right on every girl until their swipes run out. This increases their odds of matching because it's not as easy to do so. I've been with friends that are girls and literally they will get multiple matches in a row back-to-back. This does t happen to guys and they just swipe yes and see what they catch later.

2. After swiping right on everyone any matches they get they take into account. Not all are attractive to them because they swiped on every girl. Including the overweight attractive ones so they just don't start a conversation.

3. Sometimes there's some they match with that seem boring-boring profiles.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:39 PM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'd love a return match (that was real). If I wanted to just look at pics of women, the rest of the Internet is for that... ha ha.

Quote:
This too. Women's profiles are awful in general. I'd like to meet someone I had something in common with besides "I love to laugh, like to travel, and go local sports team!"

Old 09-10-2016, 07:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Well, the only way to list this as a legitimate possibility is if this attractive man (as was previously indicated) DID get lots of swipes in the beginning, then after a year, was suddenly ignored.

Is this the case?

Old 09-10-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Here's why:

1. Many guys literally swipe right on every girl until their swipes run out. This increases their odds of matching because it's not as easy to do so. I've been with friends that are girls and literally they will get multiple matches in a row back-to-back. This does t happen to guys and they just swipe yes and see what they catch later.
It wouldn't happen with women either if you guys would stop swiping right on EVERY woman. Your indiscriminate swiping behavior is the reason why women end up with so many matches.

Quote:
2. After swiping right on everyone any matches they get they take into account. Not all are attractive to them because they swiped on every girl. Including the overweight attractive ones so they just don't start a conversation.

That's the part that confuses me. What's the point of swiping right on women who you don't find attractive and know that it's unlikely you will change your mind about them? How does that increase your odds or make things easier for you? It's not like you have to take time to "read" their profile when you can clearly see that they are unattractive to you, yet you swipe right anyway? It's just as easy to swipe left as it is to swipe right so I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships