Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 11:22 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Agreed. There were a few guys on Tinder who wrote something along the lines of "This is Tinder, not eHarmony/Match." As if writing that is going to make women who aren't looking for hookups change their minds.
I read a great article about this where the female author basically says men need to stop saying this to women because not all women on Tinder are looking for sex. That Tinder is for whatever people want to use it for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 11:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I remember trying tinder once for a few minutes and I had no intention of talking to the women on there. I was just bored.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:30 AM

594 posts, read 379,963 times
I use tinder for sexy time.

Old 09-13-2016, 11:31 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
God, men are so desperate. You get a glimpse into the male mind and it's straight up depressing.
I don't know why women are so shocked by this it's been like this since the beginning of time lol.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:08 PM

231 posts, read 226,891 times
I don't have OP's problem, however, I find it amusing that there's a bunch of men in here acting smug or like the women they match with are beneath them. Let's see- if you have reached the point of such desperation that you are swiping right on literally everything and anything that has a tinder profile- you don't get to throw stones.

OP said she has matched with several people just over the past few days, while still being selective of who she swipes on. That means she has a hell of a lot more matches than many of the male posters here who have bragged about using the "swipe right on everything" technique (most of whom complain about never getting matches). Newsflash: if someone regularly gets several matches, and you hardly ever get any- YOU ARE NOT OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE. They are out of yours. Pretty simple math.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:11 PM

231 posts, read 226,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I read a great article about this where the female author basically says men need to stop saying this to women because not all women on Tinder are looking for sex. That Tinder is for whatever people want to use it for.
It's absurd that people think Tinder is just for hookups. As a millennial I find it so baffling. I feel like it's either 1) wishful thinking 2) older people who don't really understand the nature of tinder, since it's kind of a very "physical appearance based" dating site, and hence have gone ahead and labelled it a hookup sight.

I don't think I have a single girlfriend that hooked up with a dude she met on tinder for a one night stand. Not saying those women don't exist- but I definitely don't think they're the majority of users or that the number of those occurrences would outpace those on other dating sites.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
I don't have OP's problem, however, I find it amusing that there's a bunch of men in here acting smug or like the women they match with are beneath them. Let's see- if you have reached the point of such desperation that you are swiping right on literally everything and anything that has a tinder profile- you don't get to throw stones.

OP said she has matched with several people just over the past few days, while still being selective of who she swipes on. That means she has a hell of a lot more matches than many of the male posters here who have bragged about using the "swipe right on everything" technique (most of whom complain about never getting matches). Newsflash: if someone regularly gets several matches, and you hardly ever get any- YOU ARE NOT OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE. They are out of yours. Pretty simple math.
No, what it means is you are FEMALE. Pretty simple concept.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:13 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't know why women are so shocked by this it's been like this since the beginning of time lol.
The thing that shocks us women is that we find it hard to believe that men don't know how inappropriate, creepy, and downright scary their behavior is when it comes to women and sex. A lot of men feel entitled and feel it is ok to solicit women for sex like it's no big deal. It is unwelcomed most of the time.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
It's absurd that people think Tinder is just for hookups. As a millennial I find it so baffling. I feel like it's either 1) wishful thinking 2) older people who don't really understand the nature of tinder, since it's kind of a very "physical appearance based" dating site, and hence have gone ahead and labelled it a hookup sight.
That's the perception because that is what it was, and what it was promoted as, when it came onto the market about 4 years ago or so.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's the perception because that is what it was, and what it was promoted as, when it came onto the market about 4 years ago or so.
Regardless of whether it was intended to be a Grindr spinoff, it was never going to be like Grindr because women don't act like men on Grindr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships